New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To Chemo or Not to Chemo???? That is the Question
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To Chemo or Not to Chemo???? That is the Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2008 at 5:53am
Good comment Ascott.  Having bc twice I have never been given a number of any respect.

These percentages come up once in awhile and by that time they are usually old anyway.  I don't think anyone knows.

You hear all the stories where they should have gone on and survived and didn't and then there are the ones who were told to get their paperwork in order and alive years later.

-

Edited by trip2 - Jun 14 2008 at 5:54am
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
kymmie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymmie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2008 at 7:16am
Hi Billie,
Thanks for writing me.  I've been really sad today, so it is good to be able to talk to someone.  When I 1st met my surgeon, Dr. Gildy Babiera, she asked me what all I know?  I said, "how much time do you have?"  She said. "as long as you need".  Anyway, I told her that I know I am 3n and she said yes.  The only way I found out I was 3n was through this or another web site.  I just asked someone what my marker test meant, and someone told me that I'm 3n.  So, md is not retesting me, I guess they are pretty confindent with my path report.  Anyway, she said, my tumor is very small and I may not have to do chemo.  But, the medical oncologist will discuss my options with me.  I just wonder, why my surgeon would tell me that unless maybe chemo is not necessary in some cases.  But, reading all these posts, almost everyone says chemo is a definate for 3nbc?!  So, I guess I'm a little confused right now.  I think if chemo is an option rather than a must, I may deal with it a little better.  I have been told md anderson is the best.  So far, I have had nothing but excellant experiences with them.  They are so organized, they get you right in and out, not a lot of wait time.
They also saw a calcifciation in my right breast so I have to have it biopsied on June 17th.  It is so micro that it was not even picked up on ultrasound, just on mammo.  So, I may be facing bilateral-lumpectomy.  I will keep you posted and good luck with your sister.
Hugs to you, you seem so guinine and sweet.
Kymmie
IDC TN dx May 13, 2008
Had lumpectomy on 06/25/2008
0 Node involvement
Clear margins.
4 tx. of Cytoxin & Taxotere
6 weeks rads. Finished all tx on Christmas Eve, 2008.
kirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2008 at 4:19pm
Kymmie,

It is interesting choice of wording for your surgeon. It is almost verbatim what my surgeon and oncologist said in 2001 ! I think they learn to say things in vague terms until maybe, they learn who they are dealing with[personality of patient] and what their approach is. It is a matter of semantics. Trust me, I am not excusing it. My first appt. with the surgeon I was told I was going for a consultation. I argued with the nurse when she told me to disrobe. I soon figured out every appt. regardless of what they called it everyone wanted to "cop a feel". Now that is old hat, and actually comforting to be checked. My surgeon also used the wording of seeing the onc to discuss my options, even though the indication was there weren't any, unless I wanted to refuse treatment. I found it very disconcerting to be asked by my oncologist "what brings you here?" . By that point, I did feel confused by what seemed double-talk. I replied to him, " you tell me, don't you have all my charts? I want to know everything and why everyone seems to be sidestepping." I like and have a great respect for both my surgeon and oncologist but it took a while to develope.  

Good luck to you. 
kirby

dx Feb. 2001. Age 44
Lumpectomy

2cm. no nodes stage 1 grade 3

4 rnds AC, 35 rads
billie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2008 at 7:23pm
Hi Kymmie,  Do not be sad.Again I cannot stress to you enough that I feel that you are in the best place for treatment that you can possibly be.This might be a little long,I tell Nancy and Trip2 that somehow I always seem to end up writting novels.
  I was under the care of MD Anderson in june of last year.I have to say to you that if anything is found in my body that should not be there that is where I am going to go.I had an ultrasound of my abdomine done and on my left side there was a mass showing up.First let me say that I live in Houston,Texas.My daughter and I got on the computer and was able to get me into MD Anderson.Kymmie,I will tell you this,even though I was scarred out of my mind,a calmness came over me,because I knew that whatever the outcome was going to be,that I was going to get treatment at one of  the best places in the world.This is the way that I felt.
  Now I have to tell you that it was a slow going and that the first dr. I saw kinda scared me because she said that from the x rays and procedures that I had already had done and had sent in that this mass had cells in it that resembled cancer cells.She assigned me another Dr. who was going to be my surgeon. ..And everytime that I went out there they got more blood and more blood.Oh, and you will be assigned a number and that will be your identification.Some people say that they do not like that,but it never bothered me.How in the world,would they be able to keep up with so many people if they did not assign them a number?I think that it was about 2 weeks later and I met with this surgeon,got examined,and she said that because of all the markers that had been done from my blood work alone,that she was pretty sure that it was not cancer ,but could not be positive.But one thing that she could say for sure was that if it was any cancer , that they had not gotten into any other organs.I was just beside myself that they had the knowledge to determine that there was no cancer in the other organs from exams and blood work alone.
  Kymmie,my appointments were kinda far apart after that.Even though I was a little anxious to get the surgery done,I was no longer scared,and I knew that there were so many others that had not gotten the news that I had that needed things done asap..Because of my age,I had to see a heart Dr. and that took a little time to get an appt.with him.Anyway to make a long story short,I had my surgery and there was no trace of cancer,but the mass was on my left ovary and it was 21 cetemeters.Can you believe that?Anyway,what I am saying to you is this.When I walked out of that hospital,I know me ,I can tell you that if I had gone to any other place and been told that there was no sign of cancer,I would still be second guessing them.But I have never once second guessed MD Anderson.And when my sister finishes her treatments ,I already know that I am going to be second guessing .
  Now about my sister,when we first found out that she had  BC after her biopsie we  got an appt. with MD Anderson.And it was a month before she could get in.We knew nothing about bc,but my sister had made a statement that her choice would be to have the breast removed and because of her age no reconstruction..Scared to death.So,because it was such a long wait, we thought that she needed to see an oncologist in Lake Jackson,Texas(this is where she had the biopsie done and it is about an hour and one half from Houston,Texas)We were told to see a Dr.Bonnen.He is a radiation oncologist.We were not even aware of the fact that there were different oncologist,1 does the chemo and another does the radiation.So when we went to him we assummed that he had read all of her pathology report.He had her report in his hands.We also had ours that we had made copies of.This Dr.Bonnen had done his internship at MD Anderson and he had just recently broke away from them,that too made me happy,and he even assured me that if there was anything that my sister needed that they did not have,he would get with his collegues at MD Anderson and she would receive it..He told my sister that all that she would need is a few radiation treatments.And that they could be done down there in Lake Jackson.
   So, when my sister and I left his office,we were feeling so much better about everything.We decided that she would cancel her appt. with MD Anderson,which she did, and have the surgeon that had done her biopsie do the lumpectomy and sentinol node down in Lake Jackson.,and she would get her radiation treatments down there also.,this way she could have the treatments done and after each treatment go back to the comfort of her own home.No mention of triple negative. 
  So I was at my computer one morning with my sisters path report in front of me and the tv was on and we always watch Good morning America.I knew that Robin Roberts was doing treatment for BC and that she had to do chemo.because she had lost her hair. ,and she was doing an interview with Chris Rocks wife and the words trip negative came up.Robin said ,yes that is the kind I have.It was as if a light had come on.
  Oh my goodness,I looked on my sisters path report and there it was,It took a little figuring out and putting 2 and 2 together,but I finally figured it out.And I started gathering up information on it.Trip neg-treatment chemo and radiation-Aggressive-Old type of harsh chemo-young women and mostly women of color.It took me a few more days before I told my sister because I did not want to scare her in case I was wrong.My sister did not fit the profile.68 and caucasion.  The surgeon had mentioned the words Trip Negative,but guess what.My sisters and my brain could not get past the word CANCER.So finally I told her and she got another appt. with her surgeon.Oh Yes Triple negative.The surgeon even said that she probably needed a second opionen.
  And so my sister immediately tried to get back with MD Anderson,and her appointment had already been filled and she would have to wait another month.We knew that she could not do that,that was too long to wait.So we talked and she decided that she was going to stay at Lake Jackson and after her lumpectomy
 she would be seeing the chemo oncologist.down there also.I was so sad,but I had to think about her.I also knew that she did not need any more frustration.She was getting very upset by then.
  And come to find out ,the radiation oncologist DR. Bonnen had not bothered to read all of her path report before we came that day.I was so angry and even though I know that you cannot look back ,that you have to go forward ,I am still terribly upset with that Dr.Bonnen.But, I have to say this ,my sister is doing much better than I ever antisappated that she would do on the chemo and that 1 more treatment is all that she has to do,then it is on to the radiation.We both calmed down a lot after she got started.Her Chemo Dr. is a Dr.Falcon and he said that if she wanted to go to MD Anderson that he would help to get her in ,but that he really did not advise it,it had been to long since her diagnosis.
  So now,because of my sisters age and having to go through Chemo when quite possibly that is not MD Andersons way of treating a very early diagnosis and a small tumor and node negative,I am going to be even more upset. with that Dr. Bonnen,because after seeing him ,we cancelled with MD Anderson..Just maybe my sister did not need the chemo after all.
  But you listen to me Kymmie,These people know what they are doing and cancer is all they deal with.And I truly believe what they say on there website,your first choice of treatment will sometimes determine your outcome.If they determine that you do not need Chemo,be happy and get on with your life.These people know what needs to be done.Your treatment will not be the decision of one Dr. like my sister has ,this will be a team of Dr.s.that will come to this decision.about your treatment.I recently read on a website and I wish that I could remember where it was ,but I can't,that the USA is sometimes to quick to give Chemo and that all countries are not like that.Also I understand that at this time there is really no standard way or standard chemo that is given for trip negative.So much Research is still being done.
  So again Kymmie,put yourself in the hands of these people and let them do their work,you may feel at times like they are not getting to you soon enough,but these people know exactally what they are doing..I have to also tell you that when I first started reading on this site ,it really scared me.,that is why I do the research for my sister.I knew that she would never read on here,it would scare her to death.As she goes along with her chemo,when she mentioed a little blood in her nose it was only then that I told her that some of the ladies on this site speak of blood in their nose.Sis don't be afraid,that is sometimes one of the side effects.After my sister finishes her treatment and if God Forbid it decides to come back,we have already decided that MD Anderson is where she will be going.
  OK I warned you,my posting somehow always turns into a novel.But I wanted you to understand why I feel the way that I do about Anderson.There is no place in the world that you could be in better hands.Believe it.  So you take care and think positive thoughts.No matter what the outcome is these people are going to take care of you and you will receive the best possible care that is anywhere out here.  Lots of HuGGGGGGGs  Billie
sueellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sueellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2008 at 8:09pm
Billie,
I did not start my treatment at MD Anderson either.  I was diagnosed in Sept 07.  had lumpectomy in October by local surgeon then started radiation locally 35 treatments finished 12-29-07.  I wanted to go to MD anderson for chemo so my radiation doctor made a call and got me in Jan 14, 2008 and I have been there doing chemo (4 FECs and 12 taxols) since, should finish July 2008.

I do not regret the decision to go to MD Anderson - it is a great place.  So if your sister still wants to go, tell her to do it!!

My prayers to you and your sister and everyone affected by this disease.
Sue
billie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2008 at 2:50pm
Hi Sue,Thanks so much for your reply.So you are at MD Anderson also,the same as Kymmie.She sounds a little frightened that she thinks that they may not give her the right treatment about no chemo. 
   This is also something that a lot of us have not heard of.To get the radiation before the chemo.I'll bet that you are going to have a lot of reponces to that.
  I sent you a posting this morning ,but I guess that I did not do it right.But please forgive me if you get 2 answers from me.
  Sue ,To be quite honest I do not think that I could drag my sister away from where she is now.I would never have believed that she would have done as well as Ishe has.I was so worried about that.She even got the shot of Nulasta Fri. after her 3rd chemo.Now nulasta is suppose to have some horrible side effects.But guess what she only had one day of discomfort and that was it.She has arthritis in her back and she is also alergic to just about everything,but she is coming through it like a champ.I am so proud for her.
  But ,as I said in the posting to Kymmie,If I were to get BC or any other kind of cancer and if,god forbid hers metasticises,MD Anderson is where we are going.They are really a caring bunch of people and I truly believe that they know there stuff.
  How are you doing?Are you making it ok? Are you from around here in Houston?You and my sister both will finish sometime in July,but my sister will then have to do chemo.And because that will be so often,I am kinda glad that she will be close to home.Her husband has taken her to every chemo treatment,and I am sure that he will take her to every Radiation treatment.She is 68 and he is 70.This does make it so much more conveient for both of them.
  You keep in contact with us and let us know how you are doing.This place is such a wonderful caring place to come to.The women posting on this foundation are such a great bunch of ladies.Some of them are going through horrible times and yet they taKE THE TIME to help to counsel others.Wonderful So you thke care Sue and so happy to have you with us.Lots of Huggggggggs   Billie
kymmie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymmie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2008 at 4:15am
Thank you Billie for all your advice, you are a lot of help.  I don't even "physically" know you, but you make me feel better than any of my family or friends.  I do feel confident with MD Anderson for sure.  But, it is also good to hear it from other people.  After all, my grandmother went to MD Anderson and died of breast cancer but that was 27 yrs ago!
I really hope I don't have to do chemo, because I am 44yrs old and  very shy, and don't like attention brought to me in any way!  I want to get back to work, but I can't imagine wearing a scarf or  wig!  I may feel totally different if I actually get to that point.  I do realize that no hair for a couple of months is a small price to pay for our life!
Good luck to you and your sister, she is very lucky to have you.
Oh yeah, I live in Las Vegas, but my daughter lives right here in Houston on Memorial, so we are very lucky to be so close to MD Anderson!
Hugs to you!  I will keep you posted!
Kymmie
IDC TN dx May 13, 2008
0 Node involvement
Clear margins.
billie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2008 at 7:45am
Hi Kymmie,I am going to try to make this one short and not a novel.We'll see.HEY HEY
  I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother.Twenty seven years ago is a long time ago and I am positive that they knew very little as to what they know now.But one thing that you have to think about.How far advanced was your grandmother before she was diagnosed.Like they say early diagnosis is the key to survival.What worries all of us is this being triple negative and its reaccurance.You might ask to be tested for the BRAC gene for your daughters sake.But I am willing to bet that you will not have to ask MD Anderson to do this test.With your history of your grandmother's BC and you being 44,if they don't mention it,you should suggest to them that you would like it done.
  Also ,one more thing,some of the ladies mentioned a tape recorder.What a wonderful idea.MD Anderson suggested to me last year a binder for all appt.  and procedures that are printed out to be put in.That worked Great also.Perhaps both.
  Kymmie keep your chin up and keep us posted.   Lots of Huggggggs Billie
Dawnk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2008 at 3:29pm
I posted this very same question on another board last July and this is what one gal posted.  I found saved it so must have gotten something from it.. I hope someone else can too.

Dawn:

I was just there in your position a month ago, diagnosed June 5th. I am 42, single mom, had IDC with DCIS removed in two surgeries. Stage 1 Grade 2.

Here's the deal:

The doctors will RUSH you and try to just throw to down the conveyor belt of treatment. You must be your own advocate and learn as much as possible so that when you go into treatment, you understand everything and have CHOSEN your own path. Any doctor will tell you the the standard amount of time that they allow you to wait is THREE MONTHS, so don't let them rush you into anything.

The best advice someone gave me was to go out and get the Dr. Susan Love Breast Book RIGHT AWAY. It will answer all of your questions about everything. It can be scary at first but ultimately it puts the power into your own hands and helps to clear up all of the craziness of a breast cancer diagnosis.

Personally, I have chosen to refuse chemotherapy. This is based on the fact the chemo only helps 8% of the people treated with it and they have NO IDEA who it helps and doesn't help. IF it is that I happen to be one of the 8%, my oncologist tells me that it will decrease my chance of recurrence by a whopping 2%. I have been given a 15% chance of recurrence after surgery and with no treatment, so bringing it down 2% means that after chemo I would have a 13% chance of recurrence. Hardly worth it to me. Ask ANY oncologist for the specific details, and they will have to tell you this sad fact.

Lots of folks will jump down my throat here, and I've gotten used to that. Chemo has indeed helped a LOT of people who had advanced disease and larger tumors, but for early stage folks like us it is still a big huge gamble. There are many other ways you can lower your chances by 2%. The thing is figuring out what YOU feel good about. The NIH says that 99% of people will do ANYTHING for that 1% additional chance. I'm willing to do just about anything, including changing my lifestyle. Some folks would rather not change their lifestyle and just go ahead with chemo instead. Its a personal choice.

I compare it to all the people in my family with dangerously high cholesterol. They are all on the verge of a heart attack and take medications to lower their cholesterol levels... when all they have to do is STOP eating cholesterol! Cholesterol comes from animals, thats it. Stop eating animal products and the bad cholesterol goes away. Its as simple as that. But some people would rather eat their Big Mac and take a pill, than stop eating meat. Same with chemotherapy. Its a personal choice.

Radiation is another debate but does have better odds of working to eliminate LOCAL recurrence. Just remember that if they tell you it lowers your risk by 30%, and you're starting at a 15% chance of recurrence, then it really brings it down to about 10%. The Susan Love book explains how all these figures are formulated very well.

Another important tidbit to keep in mind while making your decision is that overall survival rate is hardly affected by standard treatments, if at all. For example, radiation doesn't have a thing to do with overall survival.

If you want to discuss this more off the boards (because some folks will attack now, watch) email me at spillingblue@gmail.com. I'd be happy to share my resources and information and I only follow well documented research and alternatives.

There are also lots of folks who have either quit chemo or refused it or refused it a second time around on the Health Lifestyles board area of this Web site discussing natural health.

The main thing is... you have time! Get the tumor removed asap, and then take all the time you need to find what feels best for YOU. We will all be here to support you in any decisions you make...

Oh, and one more thing... YOU ARE GOING TO BE OKAY! MOST people live a very very very long time after diagnosis, and by catching it so early, YOU will be one of those people! SO CELEBRATE LIFE!

Stage 1 Grade 3
Lumpectomy 7/07
Trial Partial Rads 8/07
Chemo 4AC 4Taxol finished 12/07
Dawnk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2008 at 3:40pm
Here is one more...

Hello,

I am sorry you've had to begin taking steps on this very hard but enlightening journey.
We welcome you with open arms and wide shoulders having been there before you.

Step is such a gem! What amazing advice and what a long time it probably took to write that for you.

From someone newly diagnosed (just a few weeks out of surgery) she sure is informed!

Its funny to me how they've started amping you up for chemo and radiation BEFORE they even know the size of the lump! If you are stage 1 the chances that chemo will help you are tiny, miniscule.

Radiation, I also did not take. I was 1.7cm IDC rather largish tumor but I am 3 years out-- absolutely fabulous. Since I had a grade 2 tumor (like yours not extremely fast growing), and I was told by Majid Ali, MD that he would not offer radiation to his breast cancer patients because in his 'experience' (which is vast) if you get a local recurrence after radiation it always comes back more virle. In addition I was facing another lumpectomy if I had a recurrence (and still would be), and if I had taken radiation I would have to get a full mast if a recurrence happened.

I did surgery and ALL NON TOXIC ADJUNCT treatment after that. It was all non invasive, fairly affordable (when you consider just the co-pays that you'd be forking over for standard treatments) and not too difficult.

The most difficult part of this whole journey is remaining balanced when you are faced with your own mortality. Another difficult aspect is LEARNING all you can about the disease so you can be your OWN best ADVOCATE. Many women will not do this, they are busy, they are 'old school' and are not interested in learning science but instead they are 'trusting' science. We are all different people. I did what was right for me, I am so happy I did.

YES it feels like the world sits sideways for a few weeks (till you get pathology back from surgery). Then for most it gets much easier.

I agree many many girls have done chemo and radiation and had no recurrence. And there are also some (especially stage 1) who have done no toxic treatment and worked hard on lifestyle changes and other integrative treatments that treat the whole body and not just the cancer 'symptom', and have also had no recurrence.

We are the few who will do anything to save ourselves from the side effects of toxic treatment, and from getting wrapped up in the never ending cycle of one doctor after another, one procedure after another (because many times they want to take your ovaries, etc), and one pill after another.

All these treatments make your body more acid (which is why your body was a likely host for cancer in the first place).

Here is a list of questions for your surgeon.

Make sure you write down the answers and have a friend/family member with you to assure you what you heard and remind you what you missed.

If at anytime your doc gets impatient with your questions, or does not give you proper answers GET A NEW DOC. The most important thing you need to do right now is be your own best advocate.

Here's the questions: (others may add more)

1. HOW MANY SENTINAL NODE BIOPSIES HAS THE SURGEON PERFORMED?? (my guy answered over 500 and took only ONE node).

2. HOW MANY NODES WILL YOU TAKE?? (the answer should be ONE or TWO unless they find cancer in those, then they take a few more and test those BEFORE closing you up, (you can write this in on your 'consent form for surgery') ideally you would like a few taken until they do not find any cancer and LEAVE the rest. Some surgeons do a 'full scoop' which makes their job much easier and your recovery much harder, try to avoid this.)

3. WILL I KNOW UPON WAKING THAT THE MARGINS ON THE TUMOR WERE CLEAN? THE NODE INVOLVEMENT?? (The answer should be YES because if he does not have rapid preliminary pathology standing by then he's not up to date on cancer surgery and you could face extra operations and undue suffering which can be avioded by having patholgy present during surgery)

4. If you cannot get clean margins on the tumor, what is the procedure? (Mast on site or will you then need an additional surgery?)

5. By EYE (reading the mammo and sonogram, and biopsy results) at this point, WHAT DO YOU THINK WE'RE DEALING WITH?? (experienced surgeons have seen this stuff so many times that they have a good idea before hand of what they will see)

6. WHY do you they think it is stage 1? What size do you expect it to be? (under 1 cm doesn't get offered chemo)

7. Do you have statistics for people in my position? Do you have "shared decision making capabilities"? (my doctor had a program he punched in my stats and it printed out a sheet of HOW MUCH all the treatments would help someone in my exact position, as well as my survival statistics, this made me feel MUCH better about going to see an oncologist).

8. Can you show me photos of people after the surgery I am going to recieve?

Any of the above can be skipped depending upon weather they are pertinent or not.

Sending you light on this journey it is a hard one but you will get through it.

If for any reason you wish to contact me see the link below

Stage 1 Grade 3
Lumpectomy 7/07
Trial Partial Rads 8/07
Chemo 4AC 4Taxol finished 12/07
kymmie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymmie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2008 at 4:42pm
Dawnk,
Thanks so much for posting this message.  I am going out to buy the Dr. Susan Love book first thing in the morning.  This is not the first time I've heard that it is a great book.
Good luck to you.  Love this website.
Kymmie
And yes, MD Anderson have the most caring people I have ever been around in my life.  I get in a good mood when I step into that place, sounds kind of weird, but it really gives me a comforting feeling knowing I am being treated there.
IDC TN dx May 13, 2008
0 Node involvement
Clear margins.
colleen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2011 at 9:46am
How you doing Sparrow?  It's been 3 years for you and me.
Colleen
DIAX 4/08 age 49 Stage 1C, 1.8 cm, IDC, Grade 3 Lumpect 5/08
rads 33 end 8/08
no lymph node 0/4 BRCA 1/2neg
no chemo
< stress
> nutrition
9.11 N.E.D
colleen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2011 at 10:04am
Do you know how to get in touch with Steph?  Her spillingblue email does not work anymore.  She is probably the single biggest factor in me being an informed patient...so far it has served me well.  I would like to contact her.  Cheers!
Colleen
DIAX 4/08 age 49 Stage 1C, 1.8 cm, IDC, Grade 3 Lumpect 5/08
rads 33 end 8/08
no lymph node 0/4 BRCA 1/2neg
no chemo
< stress
> nutrition
9.11 N.E.D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic