FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBERS IN YOUR AREA...Are they close?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 6:41am
Yep, thanks for reminding us. I believe we have someone in London as well.
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
overwhelmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overwhelmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2010 at 1:54pm
For those of you anywhere near Greenville, SC Lillie from NC and I are meeting on Saturday for lunch.  I am so excited to meet her.  She has been a great support for me through her encouraging posts and emails.  She is also four years out with no recurrence.  We haven't decided where we will go or the exact time, but if you'd like to make the trek, let us know.  I have found more and more that the only people who really understand what it is to be TN are others who are.  Because the cancer wasn't in the nodes my family and friends assume that I am out of the woods and simply have to complete chemo and be done with it.  I don't want to worry them, but we all live with bit more fear and know how vigilant we have to be.  I don't wallow in that fear, but it occassionally creeps in, and I find myself envisioning things I don't want to.  At any rate, I am so thankful for this site and hope over the years to meet more of you.

Maybe we should do a TN Spa vacation one day.
DX ILC TNBC 3/10 at 50, Stage IIb; Grade 3; 5.1 to 7 cm,SNB neg;TC-6 rnds, 30 rads, Avastin-18 rnds, BRAC 1&2-
outnumbered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outnumbered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2010 at 3:00pm
Overwhelmed,

I have heard of cruises for one of the bc organizations.  Maybe we  can have a tn cruise.  A Thursday to Monday thing perhaps...  Love the idea although it might be a bit over the top, we deserve it!
~Sara

DX @ age 40 6/24/08 Stage 1 Grade 3 BRCA1+ 187delAG

BMX (nipple-areola-sparing) 8/5/08

Redo BMX (remove nipple and areola) w/ Lat Flap 7/6/09

BSO 9/3/09

NED since 08/05/2008
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2010 at 3:48pm
Wonderful....I am sooooo jealous...Handshake
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
Rudy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2010 at 4:33pm
I would love to do a cruise!  We have to get well first, but it is surely something we could do!
57 yrs/dx 3/24 IDC/Stage 2 Gr3 3.5cm Cl trial (Ad/Tax)neoadj. chemo April. BiMX with exp June. ACx1 July. Implants August. Started chemo again Sept. A/Cx2. Called it quits Oct. Port removed Nov.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overwhelmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2010 at 5:03pm
A cruise would be great.  We could all do dinner one night wearing our favorite chemo hats.
DX ILC TNBC 3/10 at 50, Stage IIb; Grade 3; 5.1 to 7 cm,SNB neg;TC-6 rnds, 30 rads, Avastin-18 rnds, BRAC 1&2-
bashamk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bashamk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2010 at 7:51pm
I'd LOVE to do lunch on Saturday. Just let me know when and where - and I'll be there!
dx 6/25/09 age 45, IDC TNBC,
stage 1, grade 3, 1.5 cm
Lumpectomy, T/C x 4, 33 rads
Dx Dec 2015 Stage 4 metaplastic
Cell growth on nerves in shoulder to rt arm; mediastinal nodes; Bone; skin mets
LauraT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2010 at 9:05am
Lori, Lillie and bashamk- even though I would love to meet tomorrow, I guess it just isn't meant to be.  We have a full day with cross country and family plans and I can't seem to find a way to fit in a drive to Greenville!  Have a wonderful time and give everyone who comes a hug from me!

Laura
DX 10/09 @44, Stage I IDC tnbc, DCIS other side, Neoadjuvant TCx4, Bilateral Mastectomy w/Recon 1/10, 1.2cm 0/7 Nodes, 5/11 Mets to Lungs/Lymph Nodes, Avastin/Taxol, 10/11 Bone Mets, Xgeva

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overwhelmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2010 at 9:20am
Laura,
We will miss you.  We will meet another time.

Lori
kirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2010 at 1:44am

Bay Area Get Together.......Save the Date

Nov. 7th, Renee's in Berkeley, lunch, probably noon.

The date is definitely decided. Other details haven't been quite firmed up. Please respond so we know how many to expect for reservations.

We have an informal group, most have met through this site, that meet up for a casual lunch. Details will be posted as the date gets closer .  
kirby

dx Feb. 2001. Age 44
Lumpectomy

2cm. no nodes stage 1 grade 3

4 rnds AC, 35 rads
jlee9710 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlee9710 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2010 at 6:07pm
I live in San Jose and would love to meet other tripe negatives.
I am 36, Chinese, BRCA -, dx June 2010, stage 2, 1.3cm with 2 nodes/27,
Doing taxol now x12 after 4 rounds of AC, then on to rads.
Not sure how to use this forum.
Lea297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2010 at 6:51pm
Anyone in Florida?
6/08 stage 3.lumpectomy, chemo and radiation. chemo (6/08) 2 ACT 4 platinum & taxol.**update: 2/10 reoccur- bi masect. metz to L5. and scapula now stg 4 rad,zomeda, bipar clinical trl
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 4:08pm
Hi Jlee and welcome,

Near the top just under the TNBC website banner on the left is a link, TNBC Forums, click on that and it will list several sections.  You can start a new topic or introduce yourself there.  We're sure sorry you are dealing with this monster but you've come to a great place for support.

Let us know more about your story when you are ready.

Btw, not from your area but wanted to help with forum issues.Smile
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Kara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 8:56pm
Hey everyone!
I introduced myself on another topic a few months ago.  My name is Kara and I live in Asheville, NC.  I would LOVE to meet other TNBC women.  I could make it to Greenville, SC or NC or some places in TN.  Let's get together and talk!
Onward and Upward, Kara

Stage2  grade IIB dx 06/10, - bi masect 7/10, 4 nodes, two infections (still healing reincisions after 2 debridements), in process of chemo of 12 rounds Taxol/Cytoxin.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overwhelmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2010 at 8:42am

Kara,

I am not far from you at all.  How is your chemo going?  I was pretty functional during the last week of the treatment cycle most of the way through.  Now that I am doing radiation, I am doing well. 

Let's make plans to get together when you feel up to it.

Lori
Kara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2010 at 9:58am
Hi Lori! 
I would love to get together..........my chemo should end Jan. 19.  So far so good, I have not had many side effects............just fatigue and some constipation!LOL

After the holidays would work best for me getting together.  I am very excited.  Although I know many BC survivors..........no one is TNBC and it will be great to talk about that.
Hope you have a great weekend.  Hugs, Kara

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overwhelmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2010 at 4:26pm
Kara,
I would love to meet with you after the Holidays.  I held up well on chemo, but did get really tired during the last two cycles (the chemo nurse told me it is often 5 and 6 that get you).  The fatigue continued for about a month after chemo. I felt pretty good during the first part of radiation, but today I feel exhausted (and I do have the radiation rash/burn).  I was warned that I would have another bout of fatigue during radiation.  Even so, I feel more and more like myself every day.  I no longer feel like my brain is stuffed with fuzz.  I don't have the mouth and stomach issues I had during chemo.  So, there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

Hopefully you will avoid the end of treatment fatigue I had (it isn't as debilitating as the fatigue I felt right after a chemo treatment).  Just take care of yourself and let yourself take it easy when you need to.  We'll get together as soon as you feel up to it.

Like you, I know many breast cancer survivors.  I also have a few friends who have been diagnosed since I was.  But, it is hard for most to understand what TN means, and the anxiety it can bring when we least expect it.  That is why this site helps so much. 

Enjoy the holidays, but at the same time, take care of yourself. 

Lori
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2010 at 5:11pm
Hi Kara and Lori,

Kara, I posted on another thread about meeting with 2 sisters in Greenville, SC. Lori was one and Kay from Charlotte was the other. It was great to talk to someone who understands your feelings about being triple negative.

Lori, I shared with Kara that I will be in Asheville in early February. I am not trying to intrude on your getting together with Kara. It's just a FYI....

I hope both of you girls get to meet and talk and also both of you have a great week-end. It's going to be brrrr cold here.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overwhelmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2010 at 6:11pm
Lillie,
I would love to see you again.  Maybe we can have lunch together at the Grove Park Inn.  I've never been there.  I'm looking forward to Feb.

Lori
Speedylittleme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedylittleme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 11:33pm
Jacksonville, Fl????????????????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic