FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBERS IN YOUR AREA...Are they close?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
scared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBERS IN YOUR AREA...Are they close?
    Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 1:25am
Hello all,

I was on this forum before under a different name but I forgot it and made this one up, and when we were going through radiation treatment at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, my wife and I met a member through this web site.

I was wondering if you have met any of this web sites members in person and how did it go?

Does anyone know anybody in the Pacific Northwest.

Dave
Wife diagnosed 7/08 stage 2B 4.78cm with 3 nodes. 15 weeks of Adriamycin and Cytoxin, Mastectomy, 12 weeks of Taxol, and 6.5 weeks of radiation.
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 9:15am
I haven't met anyone yet. I am close to Cristy and Scott, because of Scott's work and am looking forward to meeting them in Union City, TN sometime this spring. Also, Helen's son lives in the Nashville area and we are planning to meet when she comes from NS, Canada to visit him.
If there is anyone else close by, give me a hollar.(that's southerneze for, let me know) LOL
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
kirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2010 at 1:48pm
I am surprised this thread hasn't generated more comments. My computer has had major glitches so have not been on much. A group of us from the bay area of Ca. have been meeting for over a year now. With great success. We meet rather randomly, every 6- 8 weeks, maybe less. We pick a spot, hopefully fairly central to encompass those with greater distances. We have anywhere from 5-10 show up. It has been great communicating with others that live our reality. Getting new perspectives. I would say we are mostly social, with a liberal sprinkling of cancer. Especially humor. Any from the bay area are welcome to join us. Let us know who you are.
kirby

dx Feb. 2001. Age 44
Lumpectomy

2cm. no nodes stage 1 grade 3

4 rnds AC, 35 rads
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2010 at 4:29pm
Hi everyone,

I have not met anyone face to face yet. Who besides myself lives in North Carolina? It would be neat for us Tar Heels to get together.

My husband and I are attending a convention Feb. 12th in Asheville, NC. We will be staying at the "Grove Park Inn"... Anyone here live in that area?

Just a thought!

love in Christ,

Lillie

PS: Yoo Hoo Carol, how far are you from Asheville?
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Sethsnana View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sethsnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2010 at 9:57pm
I'm located in Iowa... Anyone on here from there?

xoxox

Renee
dx 11/09 1.6 cm IDS (nodes clear), lumpectomy and mammosite radiation. ACx4 + 12 weekly treatments of Taxol, started on 1/5/10.
Completed Taxtol 5/19/10. CT scans lungs,liver clear 6/7/10.
Cathy Leigh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathy Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2010 at 7:41pm
Hi Carol, I am new to the board and located in Chattanooga, TN.  It is good to see someone from my home state-  I don't know how to read the abbreviations yet, and would like to know if your signature means you have had a recurrence?

CathyTongue
61 years old at dx 12/1/09
Left Mastectomy 2/4/10, 2 sentinel nodes negative and margins around tumor negative
Clean PET/CT scan on 3/2/10
ac/taxol began 4/2011-Finished 9/10. CT Scan 8/11 NED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2010 at 11:58pm

Hello Cathy and welcomeHug...I'm so sorry that you have need of this site but I'm so happy to be here for you on your journey. Wonderful to come here to vent, to share, to encourage, to be encouraged and to not feel like you are all alone in this.

Yes, that's what it means....I had a recurrence just below the incision on my chest wall. I had a biopsy and it was a recurrence of primary tumor. The tumor had unclear margins. Went back for surgery, chest wall excision. I went for full body scan and bone scan in Jan and they were clear. I will see my onc. for a checkup on Tuesday. I will get blood tests and exam.
Sorry it's taken me so long to answer but it was a beautiful day and I stayed out most of it.
I don't know of anyone else from TN on the site.
When will your chemo start and what will it be. Mine was dose dense Adrimyacin/Cytoxen x4 then Taxetere x4 given bi-weekly. Then 35 radiation treatments.
If there's anything else I can help you with, just let me know.
You have found a wonderful, caring, thoughtful and knowledgeable community here It has been a blessing to me. I just wish I would have found it earlier.
Take care and have a wonderful evening, that is if you're still up.
We also have a Spiritual Support thread if that's something you might want to look into.
Love and Prayers,
Carol
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
KathyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2010 at 7:40am
I would like to know who lives in the chicago area? I would love to meet up with you. Sometimes I feel so alone here,but I do have wonderful support at the hospital and with my family and friends,but its nice to meet with someone who can truly understand whay you're going thru. I do drive so no problem with that.
KathyB
diagnosed 10/09 1.7 cm
nodes negative
Stage 1 Grade 3
st chemo 1/10 AC w/avastin 4 cycles,taxol 12 wks w/avastin then radiation 6 wks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2010 at 8:44am
Dear Kathy,
I was born and raised in Chicago but only have my sisters left there. My sister Gail is a 15 year survivor but not TN. I know there are several here from Illinois but I don't remember exactly who they are. Try posting on another board that is read more frequently like WELCOME NEW MEMBERS OR TNBC TALK.
Love and Prayers,
Carol

Edited by Carol (Tenn) - Mar 07 2010 at 8:45am
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
Marybk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marybk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2010 at 9:58pm
SmileI am in Ohio but could drive out of state.  I have never met anyone else with TNBC and all my friends have told me that since my treatment is done, I should be "over it" and moved on.  I can't discuss my life with them and can't seem to find a support network.  Would love to meet with anyone or chat online/phone.  I am 45.
age 45, TNBC, 1.9 cm, neoadjuvant chemo (4 AC, 4 Taxol dose-dense), rads, lumpectomy, then IV Zometa 3x, mom of 2 little boys, hubby terminally ill
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2010 at 12:20pm
I live in SE Oklahoma.

I have met another member, Myrna who lives nearby.  We met for last year's Komen walk in Oklahoma City and had a ball.  Also met Elizabeth and her sister.  They were in Tulsa on business and drove down to my house, 2 hrs to have lunch with us.  What lovely women. 

Also have met Steve, he is the same amazing man as he is in the forum. Funny, warm, charming and genuine.  Couldn't wait to give him a big hug.  We met for dinner while he was in Dallas, all of us driving to meet in the middle.  My husband and youngest daughter also were there.  Steve and my daughter clicked and I was so relieved that she was/is receptive to his help with her having my brca 1 mutation.
Also have met many of the Foundation members all of whom are so dedicated to the fight to get rid of this disease.  A year ago last February they flew me and my oldest daughter out to New Jersey to speak at their fundraiser, Tea & Talk, it was all just fabulous and they are all very nice, young hard workers.

Meeting even 3 people from the forum is amazing considering I live in the middle of nowhere.Heart

Edited by trip2 - Apr 03 2010 at 12:26pm
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Sugar77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugar77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2010 at 3:30pm
I live in the Toronto, Ontario area. I wonder if there is there anybody on this forum who lives near me?

Sherri
DX IDC TNBC Oct. 27, 2009, age at diagnosis 45, Stage 1, Grade 3, <1 cm, 0/2 nodes, lumpectomy, Taxotere/CytoxanX4, finished Feb. 8, 2010, radiation completed Apr. 21, 2010.
jadesloge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadesloge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2010 at 5:57pm
Dave,
I am in the Portland, OR area.
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2010 at 7:02pm
I'm in middle northern Washington state in a little valley. But Dave, dear friend, I'm coming across the great Cascades this month....am heading to the onc's office in Mt. Veron and then out to see what's left of the Tulip festival....
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2010 at 7:12pm
Dave,

My dh aunt and cousin live in Seattle.  We hope to visit them sometime later this year.  Dh Aunt's husband was treated for esophageal cancer at Swedish Medical Center several years ago.  They speak very highly of it.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

ryleigh0605 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryleigh0605 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2010 at 8:54pm
Hi everyone, I live in Abilene, TX, anyone close by?  Would be nice to meet some of you.  
Diana, mother of 2, grandmother of 3
dx 8/07
IDC with medullary features, 1.87cm grade 3, stage 1, 1 node-neg, BRCA neg, Biateral 9/07, ACx4
spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2010 at 9:55pm
Hi Kathy,
I live in NW Indiana. You're the first person I've heard from that lives close to me. It will be 1 year in May that I finished my treatments. If you would like to talk further let me know I can send you an email. Cheree
Spencer 38 TNBC 1cm stage I grade II Dx Nov 08 BRCA 1 pos bil mast with reconst lymph node neg 4 treat A/C 12 Taxol
tx done May 09
hhfheidi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhfheidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2010 at 11:31pm
Delaware here (for now). Actually a displaced New Englander!
(Home is where the heart is...)
EyesOTex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EyesOTex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2010 at 7:52pm
I'm in central Texas, about 60 mi. north of Austin.
Sugar77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugar77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2010 at 10:25pm
We have a group of around 10 ladies with TNBC in Mississauga/Oakville/Toronto area getting together. If anyone who sees this post lives in the area and is interested in joining us, please send me a private message for details.

Sherri
DX IDC TNBC Oct. 27, 2009, age at diagnosis 45, Stage 1, Grade 3, <1 cm, 0/2 nodes, lumpectomy, Taxotere/CytoxanX4, finished Feb. 8, 2010, radiation completed Apr. 21, 2010.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic