FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

back pain anyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cbev64@yahoo.co View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbev64@yahoo.co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: back pain anyone
    Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 9:30pm
Hi everyone, just wondering if I should call my onc...My lower back and shoulder are aching.  I use to run and workout I have a hard time walking or even getting up in the morning for that matter.  I feel like I am being dismissed by my onc and truly considering changing but am not use to all this medical treatment.  I have had this weird dull headaches, nothing major just there.  Can't get an MRI because of expanders.  Should I call and demand a pet or bone scan? Not very aggressive when it comes to complaining and sometimes I think, am I being a baby!  But this pain is real and I feel it.  Should I wait and see if it continues.   Not due for another appt till Dec 09. Please help you guys really can understand my situation.

DX: IDC with DCIS grade 3c stage 3
      31/31 nodes + LVI extensive all margins +
      AC and Rads - Bilateral mast with expanders Jan 09
      dx with Hasimotos thyroiditis Sept 09

unklez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 10:51pm
Dear CBev,
Ask your PS. The pain is probably related to the expanders.

Wife Dx: Jul/09. Age: 37. Size: 3cm. BRCA: -ve. Lumpectomy: Aug/09. Micromet 1/9 node. Chemo Start: Sep/09. E5103. DD ACB-> DD Abraxane (Taxol reaction). Zometa (S0307). Canadian Fraction Rads.
lady4law View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady4law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 11:30pm
Can you speak with you PCP (GP)? Maybe he/she can talk to both the PS and your Onc, or talk the Onc into ordering a PET/CT. I had a lot of pain with my expanders, that seems to be the norm, but I also was having a lot of pain in my spine. My CT/PET showed "activity" and I have under gone 3 procedures in the last 2 months to help with the pain. (everything from shots in my spine to being knocked out and having my nerves BURNT). 

Pleas don't what until December to get an answer, you don't need to be on nerves and in pain for over a month.

Jean
IBC/TN 6/07 Lymph, Chemo, Mast w/rec, chemo, 2 infect surg, exchg (2x) redo rec (2x) 4 new tumors esophagus, colon, chest, mouth, (10/11- 5th SUV7)"Activity" in spine hip
kirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 12:36am
I am not sure when you finished chemo but that certainly makes it hard to move about. Stiff joints etc. I would call my onc immediately if you have concerns. It sounds like you are hesitant for good reason if you have already felt dismissed by your onc. This may be the time to find another one. This is a long term relationship you will be having. You need to feel comfortable to ask, feel anything. My onc still listens to all of my concerns, even after all these years. And answers indepth. 
kirby

dx Feb. 2001. Age 44
Lumpectomy

2cm. no nodes stage 1 grade 3

4 rnds AC, 35 rads
CollegeMom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CollegeMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 5:00am

Cbev,

Stay persistent with your onc.  Pain means something and they need to help find out what it is or find a new onc.  I was in somewhat the same position.  Pain in the upper arm into shoulder and they did finally do Xrays, then bone scan then MRI to find I tore my rotator cuff. Opposite side of cancer....not sure how but I do favor that side now.  As for back pain, was having wierd feelings in lower back for a while, onc ignored that one and one day I found I couldn't walk...ended up being bone spurs to my spine which had compressed the L5 nerve.   In short, pain means something but not always cancer.  I think these chemo treatments and/or changes in our lifestyle because of it do a number on our body,  Hang in there!

cbev64@yahoo.co View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbev64@yahoo.co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 6:57am
Thank you so much everyone, I will call..stay well and god bless.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 6:48pm
We'll be thinking of you.  Please let us know how you're doing.  I had a bilateral mastectomy in June and I think the tightness of the tissue expanders has caused a change in my posture.  I'm looking forward to having them removed and maybe things will feel more normal with the implants.  I had a massage recently and the gal told me there were a lot of tight muscles in my back.  She said she sees that a lot with people that have had surgery.  

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

davidmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2018 at 4:33am
Lower back pain occurs due to various reasons such as sitting on a bad posture, sleeping on the old/bad mattress, doing heavy works, long time working on a computer, over exercise etc. You should be careful of all the facts that cause back pain. So use right chair for your back support, and right bed for sleeping. Get more sleep that help to reduce pain. In this case, you can contact any orthopedic doctor to get better suggestions. Thank you.

Edited by davidmiller - Oct 29 2019 at 4:02am
daniel087 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2019 at 12:27am
Back pain may be caused by several reasons such as wrong sitting and sleeping position, lifting heavy weight, irregular workout or exercise, working on the computer, using the bad chair, injuries, etc. Among all back pain relieving methods, the exercise is the easiest and effective way to get rid of lower and upper back pain.

Edited by daniel087 - Mar 22 2019 at 11:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic