FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spiritual Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 270271272273274 327>
Author
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2012 at 8:54am
Dear Traci and Mindy,

I do hope you get a chance to meet each other.  It is good when we have a chance to meet others face to face.  Especially when you share such a strong bond as is developed here on the TNBC site. 

Traci, love your quote about "cancer is limited".... 

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
indy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2012 at 8:55pm
Hi Team, asking for prayers again, why did I think it was over?  Finished treatment on 7/10, today had fine needle aspiration of cyst which was sent off for pathology.  It was right under original scar.  The Dr said it had foamy characteristics, which I find all different info on.  It has been there at least for a few weeks.  I would appreciate you helping me stay strong, and my payers go answerd  Regards, Joan
Diagnosed 9/2011 at 58 TNBC node neg lumpectomy chemo X4 AC chemo X12 Tax, rad 30 treatment starting 11/14 all genetic tests negative
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2012 at 9:02pm
Dear Joan,
You are in my prayers.  Pray that it is only a harmless cyst. 

Stay strong, stay busy, pray and know that others are lifting you in prayer also.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2012 at 9:17pm
Joan, 

Praying it will be nothing serious, and praying for strength and continued trust in God's loving care for you. 

Love and Peace, 
Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
indy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2012 at 9:22pm
Thank You Sue!
Diagnosed 9/2011 at 58 TNBC node neg lumpectomy chemo X4 AC chemo X12 Tax, rad 30 treatment starting 11/14 all genetic tests negative
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2012 at 5:07am
Joan,
I'm praying for you. I know the feeling...had a recurrence on incision as well...but I've been NED since.

I am still asking for prayers.

1 John 4:16
===========
“We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is
love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.”
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
indy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2012 at 6:40am
Hi Carol and All, I pray for all of us and the  others suffering each day as I know we all do.  It is not just we who have a sudden bump of activity who need our prayers and most importantly God's help.  Thank you for all you do to keep us safe from harm and in God's Grace.
majjers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majjers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2012 at 9:02am
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> Hi Indy and Carol,
You are in my thoughts and prayers that whatever you need, our awesome God will supply.  He said He would never leave us or forsake us; no matter what, He sticks by our side!

Blessings,
Traci
dx 5/25/07, Stage 2A,TNGr3
DD 4 AC,4 Taxol
32 rads
BRCA 1&2 (-)
7/11 mets to lung; Too many lines of chemo to list! The saga continues but only GOD numbers my days!
majjers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majjers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2012 at 9:03am
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> p.s. does anyone know why I get this line of jumbo before each posting?  I haven't done anything different that I know of!
DD 4 AC,4 Taxol
32 rads
BRCA 1&2 (-)
7/11 mets to lung; Too many lines of chemo to list! The saga continues but only GOD numbers my days!
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 11:53am
Good Blessed Morning Prayer Warriors,

I found this link that I believe we should all see! Courage takes many forms and this one is another form that many of our brave have to do.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5iue0Wi3gY&feature=player_embedded

Courage is another word for FAITH and so many here have had both in their trials with TNBC & Metastasis, loss of relationships, loss of self worth, losses by the tons.  The only loss that we can impose upon ourselves is to loose the faith we have in God who is our Omnipotent one who has already won the fight for us. 

In this 20th century we are bombarded with stuff, low wages, higher interest rates on mortgages & credit cards, cost of education, gasoline to connect with others, food to sustain us in a healthy way,
shortage of medicines, the boom for research and new medicines is at an all time low, which means we must find other ways to sustain our lives.  We must turn away from the "what's in", what the advertising community has to tell us what we need.  Let us get back to the basics of living and turn to family, true friends, and our precious Lord who has His hand upon us each and every step of our journey. 

We all become disillusioned when a company, party does not live up to what we believe in and in the end, we are hurt, lost and wonder what and who to trust.  Go to the Father and ask His opinion in everything and He will lead you on the true path.

I hope this blessed day, Sunday holds wondrous surprises for you and that you can give thanks for one small thing/person in this day!
God Bless,
Helen in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
LauraT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 1:27pm
Hi All,

It has been a while since I posted. Carol, I love you and so appreciate your faithfulness over the years to encourage us in our walk with Jesus. Praying for you and this time, for you to be drawn to our Father, to hear His voice and know His deep, deep love for you.

I am hanging in there. Still fighting the staph infection which is causing shortness of breath and so I'm not as active as I'd like to be. The latest scans did not show anything new; I just have to be very aware of my symptoms and any changes that might signal worsening lepto mets. I am very thankful to still be here and am trying to live life as fully as possible while at the same time preparing for what is coming. I have been writing letters to my boys and making a box with those and other things that I want them to have. It has been easier emotionally than I thought, but still hard. I want to be here for them and I will never stop hoping for that ultimate miracle of healing. I pray that God's peace will fill my heart and I surrender to His plans, whatever they are.

It has been good to read your posts and catch up on what's going on. I may not post often, but that does not mean that you all are not in my thoughts and prayers. 

Love always,
Laura
DX 10/09 @44, Stage I IDC tnbc, DCIS other side, Neoadjuvant TCx4, Bilateral Mastectomy w/Recon 1/10, 1.2cm 0/7 Nodes, 5/11 Mets to Lungs/Lymph Nodes, Avastin/Taxol, 10/11 Bone Mets, Xgeva

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 10:56pm
Dear Laura,
It's so good to see you. I think of you most days and will continue to pray for you. You have had such a struggle this last year and admire your continuing faith in God and how you use the strength He gives you to fight, fight and fight some more. I love you dear Sister, more than words can express!
Love and Prayers,
Carol
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 11:08pm
Dearest Sisters and Brothers,

I was watching Joel Osteen this morning, which is not what I normally do. But I was there for a reason and it became quite clear why.

I didn't realize until I listened to him preach, just what was my motivation for taking time away from this thread. Joel opened my eyes. I didn't want them opened when I discovered my own selfishness. I am a fraud. I led this group with my own agenda. I quit when you all didn't feed my ego. I wanted huge numbers of hits on the thread, I wanted numerous responses every day. When those numbers didn't go where I wanted them to go, I bailed. I felt sorry for myself. I felt defeated. I thought I was doing this for God, and I was to a certain extent, but mostly for me. I am sorry. I can't tell you how sorry I am. It's not about me, it's about Him.
I pray that you will forgive me, but most of all I pray that He will. I'm begging for that forgiveness as I confess my selfish motives. I do love the Lord and I do Praise Him and I do know that when I confessed this sin, He forgave me..because that is what He does.
Love and Prayers,
Carol
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 11:23pm
Hi Carol,

I have never posted on this particular thread before, and I am not a particularly "religious" person, though I do consider myself a very spiritual person. Having this disease in some ways has made me think more and more about my beliefs and part of that has come from reading your posts. I think your words and your messages were not because you are selfish - just the opposite. Your spiritual guidance is read by many many people who may not actually respond or post (like myself), but who are nonetheless inspired into deeper thoughts and feeling. Making a difference - even in just one person's life - is doing God's work, in my humble opinion. 
Respectfully,
Lisa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2012 at 5:14am
Dear Lisa,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am truly touched by your response. You are right, one is as important as many.
I think I am heading in the right direction. Please pray that He will lead me back where I belong, with all my faithful sisters.
Love and Prayers,
Carol
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
indy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2012 at 10:05am
Hi Carol,

This thread has given me more info to research tnbc and be vigilant.  Your motives, even if you do not believe it,  has been getting some of us, who need help to get it.  We have enough on our plates to beat ourselves up with, do not beat yourself up over helping others.  No one in my support group and even most Drs  do not know what we face and do not believe us when we voice it.  I love Joel Osteen, however he is not God and God is the one who will bless you!  Regards, Joan
majjers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majjers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2012 at 3:23pm
Dear, dear Carol,
Thank you for being so transparent and loving your Master so publicly.  Quick and earnest repentance is a sign of spiritual maturity and now God's blessings can flow unobstructed once again.  As soon as you asked him to, He forgave everything and you have a clean slate.

Let's stand together and magnify HIM for only He is worthy of honor and praise. And, the word says if we lift Him up, He will draw our brothers and sisters to Himself. That should be the goal - to help people find and follow God; to see them receive eternal life, because this world is temporary and full of pain and sorrow compared to heaven.

Keep on walkin the walk dear sister!  Smile

Blessings,
Traci

DD 4 AC,4 Taxol
32 rads
BRCA 1&2 (-)
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2012 at 5:54pm
Dearest Carol,

Have you seen the number of views that SS has since inception??? 63,569.....
How does our God work?  Through you & me & our sisters on the journey.....through the ones who just read and do not post, through the ones who post when they can....

Dearest Carol, your heart is always with us and your spirituality is ever so deep.  Never doubt! Take a break, but do come back soon!
Love ya,
Helen in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2012 at 6:34pm
Dear Carol,

I disagree with your assessment that you are a "fraud." I think you are being unfairly hard on yourself. My sister in NS highlighted what is important here...63,000+ views since inception. That is truly remarkable.

You have helped so many, myself included, through some dark days. And there are many, many here who read everyday and never post both on the Spiritual Support board and other forums. On a day when few responded  there were still many were touched, were uplifted, were strengthened, were comforted by your writings. You simply never know whose hearts you touch.

Some years ago I wrote actively on another forum and I went to their conference. A woman came up to me and told me that she had read everything I had written for the previous three years and had never posted. She said "I want you to know how much I have appreciated your words and how you have helped me." I looked at her name tag and all it said was Guest and it was clear she was a private person. I was so touched by her words. You just never know how your words affect people. I can assure you, Carol, that many, many have appreciated all your hard work and the care you have put into the threads.

I think the strength of our family is that there is no requirement to post or to visit. We are here for all that want to come and visit. Maybe at times, some will stay and some will go but it is a seamless journey to return and please know that when you ready to return you will be welcomed with open arms.

This is a oasis, often in a desert of grief. I would like you rejoice in what you have done.

Please be kind and gentle with yourself. Please try to find the beauty in each day. You have been the beauty to so many with the care you have taken with this forum. 

Be proud of what you have done. Your efforts have been appreciated and you are loved...

warmly, always,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2012 at 8:57pm
Dear Carol, 

I hope you will read this and I hope you will know just how much you have helped to bring us God's love, caring, peace, joy, strength, grace and forgiveness. Whatever your self-assessment for sharing here, I believe God was present in that sharing, and lifting us up, and keeping us strong in spirit, renewed in faith and closer to one another. I believe that just as we cannot judge others, we cannot judge ourselves as well, for God has the final determination in the end. We are human and can only strive to do what we think God wants of us. Your presence here has been a blessing to so many in so many ways.  

With much love and much peace, 
Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 270271272273274 327>
  Share Topic