FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spiritual Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 327>
Author
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 7:57am
Good Monday morning to you all and Granny hugs too,

Today's devotional is right on target with so many of us facing so many trials with  this monster. It's so hard for me to "let go and let God", I want to sometimes wallow in self pity. I am tired of this and just want peace in my life. But I know when push comes to shove, I have GOT TO give it to Christ. He will take care of me and you....all of us fighting for our lives.
I have an appointment today at 2pm with my onc. I am worried about a bunch of lumps and bumps in other breast and some in the area of my mastectomy. So please a little prayer for me.

Lee,
You are on my mind constantly throughout my day, along with Helen, Laura and others. It is so difficult to face all this waiting and waiting. It's almost harder than knowing.
Love and Prayers,
Carol
                           June 27, 2011

VERSE:
   "I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to
prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a
future."
    -- Jeremiah 29:11

THOUGHT:
   When Israel lay devastated in the face of a ruthless enemy that
would rob all the glory and strip bare the very soul of God's
people, God issues his promise. While the destruction visited upon
them was in response to their rebellion and sin, God's punishment
wasn't punitive alone, but redemptive. In their destruction, God
promised prosperity, hope, and a future. Just as a doctor must
cause pain when he sets a broken bone so it may heal, God's
discipline is not capricious but curative, and ultimately
life-giving.

PRAYER:
   In my struggles, O Lord, help me find your grace -- not in the
relief of struggle and pain, but in the redemption and change of my
heart and my habits to your glory. By your grace and in the name of
my Savior Jesus I ask it. Amen.
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 11:30am
Dear Carol,
I'm praying that everyone of those "lumps", "bumps", "humps", and other aggravating things turn out to be 'NOTHING'....

Did we have these lumps, bumps and aggravating things before "C"? I'm sure I did because I had cysts aspirated and a lumpectomy when I was in my 40's... Strangely enough, I hardly gave it a second though back then. Since the "C" diagnoses, every zit, pimple, nodule, freckle, etc. is a scary thing. I just HATE it.

Carol, sweet sister, I am praying for a good outcome to your Onc. visit today.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 1:02pm
Lee, 

Just saw your post about the ringing in the ears.  I, like Donna, also had this after T/C, and although it is better, still comes on once in awhile.  

Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
LauraT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 1:37pm
Carol - praying for your appointment today to be extremely boring with nothing to cause any concern. Thanks for asking about how things are going. I had a follow-up MRI of my brain this morning. Hopefully, I'll get results tomorrow when I see my onc and hopefully, it's good news this time (I'm ready for some of that!). I start my 2nd 3-week cycle of chemo tomorrow. My hair is just about gone and I'm feeling ok, just lower level of energy than usual. My cough is still here, but I think it's maybe a bit better than a month ago. I am doing acupuncture to help with side effects and keep neuropathy at bay, or least minimized. I'm also starting to take a Chinese herb formula this week. Still following the Edge-CAM regimen. Surely some or all of this is going to make a difference!

Yesterday after church, I ran into a friend and she started off saying, "I know you get all sorts of tips and info, but have you heard of...?" And "this or that friend cured herself of cancer by ..." I had to grin and bear all the helpful info she offered (and I know she meant only the best for me), but by the time I got home, I was really upset. I know people mean well, but when I hear suggestions from folks who really have no idea what I am facing with tnbc, it makes me start thinking, "What if that's the answer? the CURE?" And if I don't try it and things don't go well, then I haven't done everything possible to beat this monster and then I have guilt! I told my husband that I need to come up with a standard response that cuts that kind of conversation off before it gets going. It just caused me to have way too much negativity in my thoughts yesterday and I'm not doing it anymore!

Now, I feel better. Thanks for letting me vent! I love you all and pray for you constantly.

Laura

DX 10/09 @44, Stage I IDC tnbc, DCIS other side, Neoadjuvant TCx4, Bilateral Mastectomy w/Recon 1/10, 1.2cm 0/7 Nodes, 5/11 Mets to Lungs/Lymph Nodes, Avastin/Taxol, 10/11 Bone Mets, Xgeva
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 2:21pm
Dear Laura,
I'm praying that all the MRI shows is that lovely, intelligent brain of yours.

I really have to pray that Jesus "guards my tongue" a lot. Last Friday I had a conversation with a lady at the oncology center where I volunteer. The lady is an almost 5 years survivor of (ER+, PR+) breast cancer. She had mastectomy, hysterectomy, chemo, radiation and took Tomaxofin for 2 years and in now on Arimadex. She had recently had pet/ct scans because of bone pain. Last Friday the oncologist told her that the pain was from arthritis and she was elated. I was happy for her. HER MOTHER was with her. HER MOTHER had cancer in 1997 and also in 2010. The mother said I don't know why she let them do all of that to her. When I was diagnosed in 1997 I had a lumpectomy and then tomaxofin. In 2010 I had a mastectomy and no chemo or anything. I'm back on tomaxofin. THE MOTHER THEN ASKED ME WHAT DRUG I WAS TAKING!!!! When I finished explaining Triple Negative to the mother, I had educated the receptionist, the insurance clerk, 3 or 4 people sitting in the lobby and anybody else within ear shot. BUT THE MOTHER didn't get it. She said, "I thought all breast cancer was the same."
The daughter, the receptionist and the insurance clerk were really interested to find out more about our unique cancer. It's OK.... Thanks for giving me a place to vent.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
Debris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 4:03pm
Laura, Lillie, I get that too, ALL the time!!!

I've decided I'm going to ask the person who is telling me the "story", to get the person who "has the answers" to patent their miraculous fix so that I can invest in it and make a ton of money.   

Take care, everyone.
4/12 Xeloda/Tykerb
2 Carboplatin
12/11 Dx IA
9 Gemzar/Taxotere Dx IBC:FEC
5 Ixempra/Sprycel
2 25 Rad
10/10 BRCA1-/2suv
9 NED
6 Stg4 Grd3 many nodes no Sx/Rad. Taxol/Avastin
06/08 Dx DCIS 0/SN Rads/AIs
janet c. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janet c. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 8:48pm
Carol,
Praying your appointment goes well and the lumps and bumps are nothing.
Lee,
I hope your scans go well.
Laura,
I hope your treatment goes well with minimal side effects.
Janet
dx 12/08 @47yrs.old TNBC stage 2a grade 3, 2.1cm. partial mastectomy sentinal node negative BRACA negative Cytocan/Taxatere x4 radiation 36 or 38rounds
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 8:20am
Good morning and much relieved Granny hugs to you all.

Once again my loving God has given me peace. Thank you Lord for all you for me and I am so not worthy.
Onc said that most of lumpy bumpy is still scar tissue. There are two spots they need surveillance. So he said if I choose to except this mission, Cool and nothing changes I will have scans in Oct. Excuse me, while this tape self destructs in 10 seconds...9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1  BOOOOM!!!!
I must feel better, I'm losing it...what, you ask...control over my wacky brain...Wacko

Lee,
Praying we get a good report today. I think you might need a little wackiness today.

Laura,
I know how hard it is to stand there and say nothing. I get so tired of trying to explain that I am not like those other people. I would like to say, "don't you know that if those things are as good as they say they are, that there would be no one with breast cancer or any cancer for that matter." DUH
Like Deborah, I'd be saying "take me to my investment broker"

Donna,
Congratulation on finishing your rads!! Another bridge crossed and now onward and upward in your "new normal life."

I hope everyone is planning a nice restful weekend. I know the 4th can be hectic, but the main thing is not over tire yourself. Let other family and friends do everything. You just sit back and relax.
Our resort is having a huge fireworks display on Saturday night and also live music with the  Great River Road Band. So just come on by and join us. We can sit on my deck and not miss a thing.
Here is our new website that my daughter-in-law is working on. www.countryjunctionresort.com
Love and Prayers,
Carol

Oh how this speaks to me and all of us on this journey.
                              June 28, 2011

VERSE:
   Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the LORD or fully declare
his praise?
    -- Psalm 106:2

THOUGHT:
   "Almighty!" That's one of the names for God. He is everything we
can imagine that is good, right, and holy. But he is so much more!
He is more than we can imagine and so much more than we can
declare. Even our greatest moments of praise are great
understatements of his glory. 

PRAYER:
   El Shaddai, the One True and Almighty God, you are worthy of all
glory, honor, and praise! Thank you for hearing my feeble attempts
at praise and being pleased and blessed with my love and my effort.
You are too marvelous for my words and beyond my mind's
comprehension. I gladly rest my hope and my future in you! In
Jesus' name I praise. Amen. 

St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 12:12pm
Amen, Amen, Amen!  to the readings, to the finishing of tx for Donna, to the SCAR TISSUE for Carol, to the voices of our TN breast cancer that now they have found has 6 subtypes... see Donna's post on facebook from good old Vanderbuilt Cancer Centre!!!!Way to go TN!!!!! Harvard University in Boston are also trying hard to find something that will work and they will have a trial available in 2012.....

Praise God for all is WELL!
Praise God for this journey of love, sharing, and pain. 
For without the pain we would not know the joys!!!
Praise God for He knows BEST! I love you Father, Son & Holy Spirit! Keep guiding my life! Amen.
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
Debris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 12:23pm
Carol, so happy for you!

Looked at your website, it all looks so inviting!

God Bless, all.
4/12 Xeloda/Tykerb
2 Carboplatin
12/11 Dx IA
9 Gemzar/Taxotere Dx IBC:FEC
5 Ixempra/Sprycel
2 25 Rad
10/10 BRCA1-/2suv
9 NED
6 Stg4 Grd3 many nodes no Sx/Rad. Taxol/Avastin
06/08 Dx DCIS 0/SN Rads/AIs
Jwatrlily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jwatrlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 12:39pm
I would like to know more about Donna's post on Facebook.  I'd love if some of you care to "friend" me there since I don't know many of your last names.  My name on Facebook is

Juanita Peterson Bainter

So much going on here with rural water going in this week, just got fiber optics from the phone company this morning (and I had to unload a large living room hutch for them that I didn't know was going to need to be done, a full set of encyclopedias, multiple other books, family pictures, magazines, so much stuff but I choose to make a good thing out of it and continue my "de-clutter" project and dust and clean everything before putting it back) and the new steel roof on the house recently and my feeding that crew for 3 days. 

Dad is going in tomorrow for 2 MRI's as he is in a huge amount of undiagnosed pain in his groin.  He had a triple heart by-pass, aortic aneurysm repair and colon cancer surgery all in late fall 2004.  I am really worried and Mom is recovering from her broken leg from her recent fall.  Life just doesn't seem to give me a break.  Dad is 84 and Mom is 82 so any health issue is a major concern with them.

I'm thankful for all of the good news here and also for answered prayer and the wonderful spirit and hopefulness of all of you.  I am so happy to have found you all those months ago even though my life can't seem to let me be here and post as much as I'd like. 

Great, huge, loving hugs to all of you until I can return.  I will be busy tomorrow helping my sister with our parents.  Also, Carol, yesterdays scripture, Jeremiah 29:11 is one I have leaned on since diagnosis June 4, 2010.  It is highlighted and marked in my Bible and I read it every day as I pray over it.  I love that scripture and place hope on God's word in it.  Thank you.

Hugs,
Juanita 
Diag. June 4, 2010 IDC Stage 1, Grade 3, Node 0/2 TNBC. Lumpectomy 8/9/2010 Started chemo 9/16/2010 AC x 4 every 2 weeks, Taxol x 12 weekly, 33 rads, finished 4/15/11. NED as of Sept 3, 2013
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 12:46pm
Juanita,

I'll send you a friend on FB.

Helen,

Actually it was Mainy that found and posted the link to the 6 subtypes of TNBC.  Here's the link:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/06/110627184000.htm

When I visited MD Anderson in April, Dr. Gonzalez basically said the same thing I think we all know.  That TNBC isn't one type of disease but a catch all of everything it isn't.  Hopefully we'll see more targeted treatment by sub-type really soon!

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 12:57pm
Oops, sorry Mainy! How are ya doing?? Hopefully enjoying some of the sunshine!
Thanks so much for all you research for us!  We are a great team! Hugs, h.
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 1:00pm
Helen,

Have you gotten your path report back from your surgery?  How is the recovery going?

Hugs,

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 3:50pm
Oh Happy Day!
Oh Happy Day!
Carol has SCAR TISSUE.....

Thanks Donna and Mainy for posting the site about us RARE TN PEOPLE. Let me see now; "it's not what we HAVE, it's what we don't HAVE.... I vote that the world set aside a SPECIAL DAY for us RARE TN PEOPLE. Sounds like we really are NEEDY people in that we DON'T HAVE????????????? Don't Have WHAT????????? I'd like an answer yesterday, thank you very much.....

Carol, thanks for the devotion today and your giddiness is contagious. Also, can I park in your yard since I don't have a camper or trailer? I can watch the Sunrise through the windshield of my car....

Much love today to Laura, Donna, Debris, Helen, Juanita, Janet, Sue, Lee, Carol, and everybody.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
LauraT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 5:06pm
Carol - YES!! LOVE that scar tissue!

I have some good new today. The brain MRI was NORMAL!!! I am so relieved and thankful. Thank you for praying. 

Thanks for understanding my venting yesterday - Deborah, I love that investment broker response; and Carol, I feel the same. It's like they don't think through the logical sequence of things in medicine. If all these people were being cured of cancer and these alternative things worked, it'd be the biggest news story of the century! Lillie, it is amazing how little knowledge there is, and even after you explained it all!!

Juanita - I'll look for you next time I'm on FB and send you a friend request. Praying for all that is going on with you.

Had chemo today (1st of my 2nd 4-week cycle). Doing all I know to do to minimize side effects, and in the meantime, I'm going to just savor our good news about the mri!

Love Y'all!
Laura
DX 10/09 @44, Stage I IDC tnbc, DCIS other side, Neoadjuvant TCx4, Bilateral Mastectomy w/Recon 1/10, 1.2cm 0/7 Nodes, 5/11 Mets to Lungs/Lymph Nodes, Avastin/Taxol, 10/11 Bone Mets, Xgeva
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 5:10pm
Laura,

Hooray for the normal Brain MRI!  Yes, very good news indeed!!!!Clap

Carol,

We love scar tissue, ha!

janet c. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janet c. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 7:09pm
Lillie,
Much love right back at you and everone on this wonderful site.
Laura,
I am so happy it was only scar tissue. I hope you do well with your treatment.
Janet
dx 12/08 @47yrs.old TNBC stage 2a grade 3, 2.1cm. partial mastectomy sentinal node negative BRACA negative Cytocan/Taxatere x4 radiation 36 or 38rounds
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 8:27pm
Hi All,

Been unusually busy hosting family and friends one after the other for weeks, and job hunting now that I am finished treatments.  Job hunt looks promising.  Last family member will be on a plane home tomorrow morning.  

I have been trying to keep up with everyone even if I don't respond right away.  As always you are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Wishing everyone a peaceful evening.  

Love, 
Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
grma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 8:41pm

Praise God for normal MRI and scar tissue. 

My news from MDAnderson is also good. My scans were clear.  Unfortunately, I have phebitis in my left leg.  I've been really trying to throw things out in order to sell my house.  The stair walking probably contributed.  Praying for all of you onsite daily.  Happy 50 Ann. to Lillie and hubbie.   Glad your Mom is better Juanita.  123 Donna- good connect for the Vanderbilt research.  Hang in there everybody. Love the support here.    grma Mary Ann
dx5/26/10 5cm/5nod/stg3gr.2 neadjuv Taxol 12/FEC 4
mast.Dec.2010/6wks.rad 3-11
NED NO RECON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 327>
  Share Topic