FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spiritual Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 327>
Author
mjhoover@gmail.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjhoover@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 5:58pm
ugh...ins companies can such a pain sometimes...it will all work out, just takes time and some people who are willing to help a little...good luck! mj
7/08 IDC L Br, mast 1/16 node +,St 2 gr 3, 6 rounds TAC
7/10 Mets to lungs, nodes abdomen BRCA-
8/10-1-11Abraxane/Avastin
7 11 3.3 cm tobrain sstem/rt cerribellium WBR 15 rds
Poss trial at MDA after
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 6:25pm
Juanita: I am adding a little prayer that tomorrow all will be well with the Dr's office & the insurance payments.... don't worry your pretty little head, say a sweet prayer to St. Anthony and he will find the culprit who didn't fill the right box in! Love ya, h.
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjhoover@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 6:35pm
yep st anthony is all over it i'm sure helen! how is your recovery from surgery helen? are your drains out yet? have you received the path report yet? continuing to pray for your swift recovery. mj
Poss trial at MDA after

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 7:35pm
Hey MJ:

Drains are still in til next week. Was plugged but they freed them today! Flowing like the St. Lawrence River now! Path report maybe next week too??? Canada is slow......

Ready for more meds now so I will go take a break!

Thanks so much for your prayers... I am uplifted all the time.
Gotta love St. Anthony! xoxo h.
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjhoover@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 7:58pm
Glad to hear you are on the mend! I had my drains in for almost two weeks so that sounds about right. I didn't get my path report back until I had the drains out...saw the surgeon at the same time as my first post op check up. Glad they got them unplugged!!! All that drainage is really good for the body:) Take care...God Bless!! MJ
Poss trial at MDA after
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 8:39pm
Hello Helen,
So glad your tubes are flowing freely. I pray that your path reports will be "very acceptable".....

I have a question. Who is St. Anthony?

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
janet c. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janet c. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 9:10pm
Saint Anthony finds lost or hard to find things.
dx 12/08 @47yrs.old TNBC stage 2a grade 3, 2.1cm. partial mastectomy sentinal node negative BRACA negative Cytocan/Taxatere x4 radiation 36 or 38rounds

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 9:17pm

Dearest Lillie:

St. Anthony is a patron saint of the lost. His spirit has been with me since I was very young.  I guess he knew I was lost.....My prayer is:  Dear St. Anthony, Look around, something (name it) is lost and can't be found.

Here is an exerpt of what he represents:

NEARLY EVERYWHERE St. Anthony is asked to intercede with God for the return of things lost or stolen. Those who feel very familiar with him may pray, "Tony, Tony, turn around. Something's lost and must be found."

The reason for invoking St. Anthony's help in finding lost or stolen things is traced back to an incident in his own life. As the story goes, Anthony had a book of psalms that was very important to him. Besides the value of any book before the invention of printing, the psalter had the notes and comments he had made to use in teaching students in his Franciscan Order.

A novice who had already grown tired of living religious life decided to depart the community. Besides going AWOL he also took Anthony's psalter! Upon realizing his psalter was missing, Anthony prayed it would be found or returned to him. And after his prayer the thieving novice was moved to return the psalter to Anthony and return to the Order which accepted him back. Legend has embroidered this story a bit. It has the novice stopped in his flight by a horrible devil brandishing an ax and threatening to trample him underfoot if he did not immediately return the book. Obviously a devil would hardly command anyone to do something good. But the core of the story would seem to be true. And the stolen book is said to be preserved in the Franciscan friary in Bologna.

In any event, shortly after his death people began praying through Anthony to find or recover lost and stolen articles. And the Responsory of St. Anthony composed by his contemporary, Julian of Spires, O.F.M., proclaims, "The sea obeys and fetters break/And lifeless limbs thou dost restore/While treasures lost are found again/When young or old thine aid implore."

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 7:43am
Juanita,

I found this article and thought you'd be happy to know you are not alone with your problems.  The processing error rate is quite high.  I hope your doctor's office and insurance company gets things worked out.  What a waste of time (and money) on everyone's part. 

20% Error Rate in Processing Claims, AMA Study Finds

June 21, 2011 — Almost 1 in 5 claims physicians file with commercial health insurers have a processing error that often mistakenly delays payments or rejects them entirely, according to the American Medical Association’s (AMA's) 2011 National Health Insurer Report Card.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/745041
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Charlene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 9:53am
Thank you for the St. Anthony story.  I shall remember it!

Charlene
DX 3/10 @59 ILC/TNBC
Stage 1, Grade 2, Multifocal; Lumpectomy/re-excision
SNB 0/4 nodes, BRCA-; Taxotere/Cytoxan X4, 30 rads
3/14:NED
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 10:05am
Dear Helen,
Thanks for the St. Anthony story.

I hope you are feeling better and better and better each day.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 10:13am
Good Morning and Granny hugs to you all,

After much needed rain yesterday and looking forward to more today, I am still smiling.
This thread brings so much joy to my heart. I've said this time and again. We are such a close knit family and when one hurts we all hurt, even if it's not medical. Case in point, Juanita's new challenge. We are praying that all will be resolved quickly. Enough is enough.

We have been talking recently about the fears we all have when going to check-ups or awaiting test results. I was reading in Max Lucado's book, "Fear Not, Promise Book" and came across this. It really spoke to me and I know it will help you all as well.

The presence of fear does not mean you have no faith. Fear visits everyone. Even Christ was afraid (Mark 14:33). But make your fear a visitor and not a resident. Hasn't fear taken enough? Enough smiles? Chuckles? Restful nights and exuberant days? Meet your fears with faith.
Don't be afraid; just believe.
Believe that God can; believe that he cares.

Delight yourselves in God, yes, find your joy in Him at all times. Philippians 4:4

St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 10:20am
Dear Juanita and Donna,

It is a shame, all the time and money that is wasted, and resentment that is evident at having to do paper work in the first place. When I was getting my treatments 5 years ago, if I needed anything signed or copies of anything to send to my insurance company or short-term disability agency my oncologists nurse became very haughty and negative.
Now that I am volunteering there every week, I still see the same display of "disgust" that she should have to do such menial chores for people.
I do believe this is the mind-set of so many employees in places of employment that affect our lives so profoundly; insurance, social security information etc. If we find someone who really cares about us, it is a rare thing.
I don't understand that mentality. I'm an old geiser with a quaint work ethic, I suppose; but I always felt it was my job to do the best job that I could possibly do and make people's lives better and easier as a result. My bosses never let me think differently.

OK, I'm off my soap-box now.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
Jwatrlily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jwatrlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 10:46am
Thank you everyone for your loving support.  My case manager thinks we will have a resolution by the end of the week.  I'm trying not to stress.  The thing is, these had been approved earlier and most of them already paid with the money already in the bank, and I don't understand what is happening.  Since it is a State employee (my husband) I may also call our State Division, Central Management Services, who is the offices that "let" these insurance contract bids.  They have people that know who to contact in State Government and with the Insurance companies.  I stand firm in that my Oncologists office is the problem.  They keep telling me "No" that they are filing them correctly.  And, it seems strange that some of their other patients are also State employees and the office staff tells me their claims are going through just fine.  I expect it's just because those patients have not scanned their claims processes like I do and have not found the issues. 

I'll keep you all updated but am supposed to have lunch with my daughter in law today and hope it goes OK.  Lots of hurt feelings there too.  My life is such a side show and I just want to get off the merry go round some days.  As if dealing with breast cancer would not be enough, through out the whole thing, from diagnosis to now, I've had to fight for my rights with my daughter in law to handle everything like I needed to for ME, and that has left very hurt feelings.  Did I ever share with you that my son told me one time that all that was wrong with me was that I wasn't getting as much attention as I thought I wanted?  I don't want any attention for the breast cancer, I don't WANT the breast cancer.  I just wanted people to show they cared about what was happening (I tend to keep a lot inside but trust me, there was a lot of neglect for me with what should have been my support system) to me and then to let me handle it how I felt best for ME. 

I am trying to move past this but it constantly stays on my mind how I can not go through it with my daughter in laws judgement and condemnation of how I was handling things again if the cancer comes back.  Some days I want to disappear.  I think I may be a bit depressed right now too.  My Pastor is AWOL on all this.  Do you know through out this whole journey, from June 4, 2010 diagnosis to this very day, June 22, 2011, he has not came to visit me once.  NOT ONCE.  Anything he knew about timely events was because I always called him to update him.  If weeks went by when I was to sick to call him, he also DID NOT call me.  But, he does go visit people in jail who are not even members of our church.  That is an important mission too but I need better Pastoral care. 

Oh, it's just a gloomy day.  We've had so much rain and the garden is rotting and today is cloudy.  I've so much going on in my head and I want to escape somewhere.  Thanks for listening.  Please pray for me to somehow let all this go.  But also pray for those people who have not been what I needed them to be, that if it happens again with me or someone else that they should care about, that they will feel God move in their lives to do the best thing for the afflicted.

Love,
Juanita   
Diag. June 4, 2010 IDC Stage 1, Grade 3, Node 0/2 TNBC. Lumpectomy 8/9/2010 Started chemo 9/16/2010 AC x 4 every 2 weeks, Taxol x 12 weekly, 33 rads, finished 4/15/11. NED as of Sept 3, 2013

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 1:35pm
Juanita:
I am heartbroken for you in that your dil's are not recognizing the seriousness of your illness! 

Not to make excuses, but sometimes, they get so bogged down with their own lives that they don't have "time" to give any thought about putting themselves in others situations and really that is the reason they don't get what this disease does to a person and the one's that love them. 

Sometimes, others do not know how to deal with "loosing control of our lives" which is what this disease does... It is then that we must look to our God and Saviour to intercede on our behalf and bring our needs to others who we would never think would be our support!  Pray for them dear Juanita and every time you think of what they have not done or been for you, BLESS THEM! They need our prayers to soften their hearts and open their minds and lives to others more so than dissing them.

With regard to your Pastor, I felt the same way the first time around.  I was left high and dry after being a presence on boards and serving as minister of both liturgy and Eucharistic Minister.  Sometimes, they don't know how to deal with someone who has been so active in the parish and then is not there whether through  (sickness), (hurtful feelings), depression and everything else.....Pray for your pastor that he/she learn to "get it":  when one of their lambs are not to be seen, to go looking for them as Jesus would! Pray until you cannot pray anymore, then ask us to help! We love you and we "get where you are in your heart", so fear not "YOU ARE NEVER ALONE"! We are here, sweet Juanita! Love and big hugs, h.
Debris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 2:52pm
Hello, friends. I've been off the Board for the last few weeks, as I enjoyed the visit of my sister & BiL. But today I had to say goodbye to them as they return to South Africa (so far away...), so I'm feeling a bit down right now.

I'm going to try catch up with all the goings on, but wanted to just stop by to send love and best wishes to all the prayer warriors. Hope all your tests, etc., go well, and that treatments (of whatever kind) are working for you.

God Bless.

Deborah.
4/12 Xeloda/Tykerb
2 Carboplatin
12/11 Dx IA
9 Gemzar/Taxotere Dx IBC:FEC
5 Ixempra/Sprycel
2 25 Rad
10/10 BRCA1-/2suv
9 NED
6 Stg4 Grd3 many nodes no Sx/Rad. Taxol/Avastin
06/08 Dx DCIS 0/SN Rads/AIs
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 9:12am
Good Morning and Granny hugs to you all,

Juanita I think you need the biggest Granny hug I've got. I send it out to you.
I have to admit that some of those same things have happened to me concerning my "then" pastor and most of the parishioners. I, too, was very active in my church. It is a small country church where everyone knew everyone. I can't tell you how many times I was told how much I was appreciated before I got sick. Afterwards, I must have vaporized. My pastor too was AWOL. It got so bad that I called him and explained how much I needed spiritual guidance from him  and how disappointed I was that it wasn't there. He said this; "Sorry you feel that way", that was it. When I was feeling better I left that church and started with my family to go to their church. Although it's a big church, and most of the people don't even know me, I am happy there. I can worship my Father, without any animosity. I was the best move I've ever made.
The family thing has not happened to me. And it hurts to think that yours is failing you. Question: Have you given them a  copy of the brochure about Triple Negative? They might not understand your diagnosis. Just a thought.
I hope you and all my sisters in this family, will have good day and please, find something to smile about.
Love and Prayers,
Carol

Paul wrote, "Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ." 
- 1 Corinthians 11:1 (NRSV)

MY six-year-old daughter, Jessica, came home from school smiling. She slumped onto 
me and said gleefully, "Daddy, Daddy, I met a man today who asked me whether I'm 
your daughter. When I said, 'yes,' he smiled and said that I look like you."

"Is that the reason you are happy?" I asked her.

"Yes," she replied, "I'm always happy when people tell me that I look like you." 
I was happy when my daughter expressed joy because she resembles me.

Jessica's behavior reminded me of what God wants for us. I realized that as a 
child of God, I am meant to resemble my maker and to show God's attributes so 
that others will see them. So are we all. If we do that, others will be drawn 
to God's family because of seeing Christ in us.

Prayer: Dear God, help us to exhibit your divine attributes so that others will 
see and glorify you. As Jesus taught us, we pray, "Our Father which art in heaven, 
Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 
Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, 
and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."*

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
As we strive to reflect God's nature, others will see God's love in us.

-- Sackitey Francis Lawer (Eastern Region, Ghana)

St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
LauraT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 9:16am
Deborah - welcome home! I missed you and your sweet spirit. So glad you had some wonderful time with your sister and BIL, but totally understand why you feel down. It's hard to be so far away. Do you have Skype? We got it when my oldest moved to DC for school. We don't see him for long stretches of time and it really helps to see his face and talk. And it's free! (I believe that's the case internationally as well). I'll be praying for you.

I've had a CRAZY 36 hours myself. Spent the wee hours Wed. morning in the emergency room. I suddenly started swelling like a balloon under my arm where the incision is for the port surgery. X-ray showed the port was intact, but I had a hematoma the size of a large lemon. I went to see my surgeon yesterday morning and she is a bit baffled as she's never seen this happen. Our best guess is that a blood vessel burst somewhere in the vicinity. The hematoma has gone down in size and is less sore today, but I have to go have a "port-a-gram" in which the interventional radiologist injects contrast into the port and watches to make sure there are no cracks, leaks, etc. I'm hoping that all is well and I won't have to have any surgery! My theory is that there was a weak blood vessel recovering from the surgery, possibly the Avastin kept it from healing well and it gave way. All of my bloodwork as far as clotting factors and such were fine. Oh just another day on the cancer train! Just so very thankful that it was not more serious (sure did wonder there for a bit!).

Juanita - still praying for you and all that is going on.

Helen - so good to hear from you and read your posts.

Love you all,
Laura
DX 10/09 @44, Stage I IDC tnbc, DCIS other side, Neoadjuvant TCx4, Bilateral Mastectomy w/Recon 1/10, 1.2cm 0/7 Nodes, 5/11 Mets to Lungs/Lymph Nodes, Avastin/Taxol, 10/11 Bone Mets, Xgeva
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 9:27am
Laura,

Wow, it's always something, isn't it?  So glad to hear that it wasn't anything too serious and hope they can find the reason and that your port is working properly.  You don't need anymore stress.  Sending you a big hug.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjhoover@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 9:30am
please say prayers for our retreat team and the retreatants coming later today. i will be giving my Adoration talk tomorrow afternoon. i wont be back until monday.have a blessed weekend all! mj
Poss trial at MDA after
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 327>
  Share Topic