FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Information

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dexterdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dexterdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Information
    Posted: Sep 14 2009 at 4:03pm
My beloved daughter in law  MARY D. McGILL lost her battle on September 3,2009
Mary D McGill 49, of Lufkin Texas was born 09-16-59 to Oscar Canady and the late Josephine (Cuccia) Canady and died September 3, 2009.

Please join us in remembering Mary by visiting our memorial at www.MeM.com    through this site we invite you to share your thoughts and fond memories with our family
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2009 at 4:09pm
Oh this is terrible news, I am so sorry to read about Mary.

Your family will be in my prayers.

Thank you so much for letting us know during this difficult time.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
unklez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2009 at 4:52pm
May her soul rest in peace.

Wife Dx: Jul/09. Age: 37. Size: 3cm. BRCA: -ve. Lumpectomy: Aug/09. Micromet 1/9 node. Chemo Start: Sep/09. E5103. DD ACB-> DD Abraxane (Taxol reaction). Zometa (S0307). Canadian Fraction Rads.
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2009 at 4:53pm
Very, very sad.  Was she active on our board?  If so, what was her login name here?
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
LRM216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2009 at 5:50pm
I am so very sorry for your and your family's loss.  I hate this wretched disease.

Linda
Linda - diagnosed at age 62
Diag 2/23/09 IDC 1.2 cent. IDC right breast,Stage 1, Grade 3,0/1 nodes - Triple Neg
4 DD AC every two weeks, 1 Dd Taxol, then 3 Taxotere every three weeks - rads x 33
MaryinSarasota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryinSarasota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2009 at 4:59am
I am sorry about Mary. If your family needs anything don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,
Mary
53 @ Dx 5/08 Stage 1, grade 3, IDC 1.6 cm, 0 nodes, TNBC, lumpectomy, chemo TAC-6, radiation-34 12/18/08
NED-10/09, PBM w/TE recon. 7/10, removal of TE/infec 8/10. CT chest. Rec fat-graft & stem cells
dexterdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dexterdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2009 at 6:06am
I'm not sure what her log in name was...according to her computer history she visited your site many many times during the period she fought her cancer..
Mary was a MD Anderson patient & worked at beating her cancer, but like so many this horrible cancer won.....

She will be missed by all who new her & especially her family including her mother & father in law.. we thought she was a wonderful, kind, loving and caring person.
Dot L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dot L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2009 at 8:03am
May your family find comfort knowing she is at peace, free from the
fear and pain this dreadful disease brings into our lives.
God bless and keep you in His care.
Dot Lee
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 1:57pm
I too am sad to hear that Mary has passed. My sympathies to you and all of Mary's family.
Love,
Nancy

Mary D. McGill

E-mail Visit Guest Book
Mary D. McGill, 49, of Lufkin, was born September 16, 1959 to Oscar L. Canady and the late Josephine (Cuccia) Canady and died September 3, 2009. Mrs. McGill enjoyed gardening, shopping and fishing. She especially enjoyed taking care of her grandchildren. She worked in the probation office for Angelina County for fifteen years and was of the Baptist faith. Survivors include her husband, Dave McGill of Lufkin; son, Brian Joseph Landry and wife Ashley of Lufkin; sister, Gaynell Wray and husband Jerry of Huntington; grandchildren, Cason, Allie and Cameron Landry of Lufkin; father, Oscar Canady of Lufkin. She was preceded in death by her mother, Josephine Canady. Pallbearers will be Gene Caldwell, Norman McLain, Clyde Caldwell, Doug Peckral, Abbel Barreria, and Jerry Wray. Honorary pallbearers will be Mathew Wray, Corey Sharp and James Ferguson. Services will be held at 4 p.m. Saturday, September 5, 2009 at the Elwyn M. Gipson Memorial Chapel in the Garden of Memories Memorial Park. Friends are invited to visit with the family from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday evening at Gipson Funeral Home. Condolences may be offered at www.mem.com. Gipson Funeral Home, directors.
logo

Edited by Nancy - Sep 16 2009 at 1:58pm
Nancy
DD Lori dx TNBC June 13,2007
Lumpectomy due to incorrect dx of a cyst
mastectomy July 6 2007
chemo ACT all 3 every 3 weeks 6 tx Aug-Nov
28 rads ended Jan 2008
Cebo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 3:43pm
I am so sorry for your loss--my condolences to your entire family.  May she rest in peace, and may you be comforted by warm and happy memories.
Sister DX'ed 11/08
Lumpectomy & SN biopsy 12/08
1.1 cm tumor, node neg (0/2)
Stage 1
DD A/C x 4, Taxol x 4, completed 4/17/09
33 rads (incl 8 boost), completed 6/22/09
HolliBeri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolliBeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2009 at 5:33pm

What Cancer CANNOT Do~
It cannot cripple Love
It cannot shatter Hope
It cannot corrode Faith
It cannot destroy Peace
It cannot kill Friendship
It cannot suppress Memories
It cannot silence Courage
It cannot invade the Soul

It cannot conquer the Spirit
It cannot steal Eternal Life
Author Unknown
Love & prayers~

Holli

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/hollisimpsongough
DX age 45:12/08 IDC & DCIS TNBC. 2/09:lumpectomy, 2 cm, grade 3, -nodes, stage IIa, BRCA- Chemo:Taxotere/Cytoxan x4.Double mastectomy 6/09. Zometa   http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/hollisimpsongough
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2009 at 5:44pm
I don't mean to be presumptious with this poem. I wrote it for my sister when her husband passed away from bile duct cancer. She is a 15 yr survivor of breast cancer..She has told me that is brought her some comfort. I hope it does your family as well.

"The Gifts"
The struggle is over, the fighting is done.
One battle lost, and one war won.
The gift of life has passed away,
Replaced by a better gift, I pray.

For those who have been left behind,
He's left some gifts for you to find.
The gift of Peace, the quiet within,
The gift of Joy to smile again.

The gift of Hope for happier days,
The gift of His Love in soft gentle ways.
The gift of Memories large or small,
Held within your heart for quick recall.

The gift of Angels to surround you with care...
Feel the whisper of their wings as they hover there.
The Angels sent from the Light above,
To comfort, protect, with magnificent love.

Please use these gifts each and every day.
For each one is special in its own way.
God sent these gifts at special request
From the one who is now content and at rest.

St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
LRM216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2009 at 7:46pm
Carol - as soon as my tears dry enough so that I can type I want you to know that your poem is absolutely beautiful.  What a great comfort it must be to your sister and such a moving legacy to your brother in law.

Linda
Linda - diagnosed at age 62
Diag 2/23/09 IDC 1.2 cent. IDC right breast,Stage 1, Grade 3,0/1 nodes - Triple Neg
4 DD AC every two weeks, 1 Dd Taxol, then 3 Taxotere every three weeks - rads x 33
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2009 at 7:57pm
Thank you Linda....I write only with inspiration from God.
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic