FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any atypical medullary around

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any atypical medullary around
    Posted: Aug 16 2008 at 4:15am
I was diagnosed with stage 1, grade 3 atypical medullary breast cancer in February, triple neg. Are there any survivors out there with this subtype and if so can you let me know how your progress has gone. Anyone with info in this group and can shed me some light would be appreciated.  Eileen
KCinFL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCinFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2008 at 7:31am
Hi Eileen,

I found a discussion of this on breastcancer.org.  The link is below, hopefully it will be of some help to you. 

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/72/topic/701171
Inherited BRCA1 mutation 5385INSC from my mom. Sister Linda dx with TNBC 5/23/08. Mom is a 22 year breast cancer survivor.
Eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2008 at 7:40am
Thanks for the website. I did go to this website and thought there were more people here specifally with triple neg and maybe more people with this subtype to talk too.  Thanks. Eileen
P.S. good to know Wallie is a 20 year survivor!!

dx:2/08,stage 1, grade 3 triple neg. atypical medullary. 4x A/c, 4x taxol finished 7/17/08, 33 rads to finish 9/08.

Edited by Eileen - Aug 16 2008 at 7:41am
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2008 at 1:54pm
Eileen there was a poll about a year ago in this forum and there were 9 members with medullary bc.
I don't know if they are still around, I'd sure like to see you get some help.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2008 at 2:01pm
Thanks again Pam. I will try to look back on the website see what I can find.  Eileen
pattypoo54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattypoo54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2008 at 8:18am

Hello everyone,

My followup went great all bloodwork was great, had my vit D levels checked they were 39, my tumor markers are an 8 ,they have been low, I didn't even have one done until I was a year and a half out from diagnoses, my onc believes in them as part of the whole picture, he doesn.t really on them solely, but as a part of all the other bloodwork. I was diagnosed Dec 03, at 50 yrs old ,stage IIA, atypical medullary, 2.8cm, triple negative, no vascular invasion, no nodes involved out of 28, clean margins, lumpectomy. 4xAC then 4x Taxol, then 33 rads. I am four years out from treatment, and 4 1/2 years out from diagnoses. My onc is very optimistic about my prognosis. Although I know there are no guarantees that my cancer will never come back, I am really trying to move forward with this rollercoaster ride. I think I have alot of post traumatic stress, I am on an antidepressant, and getting cousenling, it is helping.  I am meeting with a genetic counselor soon, I am considering the testing. My mom had breast cancer at 65 yrs, masectomy only, she didn.t die of breast cancer. Thanks for all the support on this board it is wonderful, I don't post much, but read daily. I think it is important to give hope to the people who are newly diagnosed ,and just starting the triple negative journey.

Hugs

Patty

Edited by pattypoo54 - Aug 28 2008 at 8:19am
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2008 at 10:42am
Hi there Patty,

Welcome to the site!! So, you are one of the "lurkers" on the site?Wink

We are so glad that you posted, as 4 1/2 years out from dx, is music to my ears, for my daughter Lori, and I would imagine for all of the gals on the site. ClapIt is very important to give hope to these gals.

May I ask where you went for surgery and treatment? We live in Altoona, PA, and Lori went to Magee Women's in Pittsburgh for surgery, and here for chemo and rads, but only because they agreed to the exact regimen that Magee recommended.

So, even after 4 1/2 years you are still on the roller coaster ride? Many of the gals speak of tring to get on to a "normal life", and it is very difficult. Lori will be going for genetic counseling also. Please post often, as I am sure all the gals will want to hear from you. To have an optomistic onc is half the battle!

Again welcome and don't "LURK" anymoreSmile

Hugs,
Nancy

Edited by Nancy - Aug 28 2008 at 10:43am
Eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2008 at 1:16pm

Patty: It is so nice to hear of some one also with the atypical medullary that has survived so long...your post does give me hope. I am only into my rads right now, but all seems to be going smoothly, but I don't want to fool myself. I know the triple neg isn't good, but I am hoping for some time still to spend with my family. Keep us posted and thanks for the uplifting post.  Eileen

stage1, grade 3, lumpectomy witrh SNB 3/20/08, triple neg. no nodes or vascular involvement,  4AC, 4 taxol finished 7/17/08, 13/33 rads
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2008 at 5:47pm
Good evening Patty.Smile

Thank you so much for telling your story and congratulations on being over 4 years out and all clear!  I, like Nancy hope you'll chat with us more often.

Pink%20Ribbon
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Possum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Possum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2008 at 7:08pm
Eileen,
I also have atypical medullary, high grade, triple neg breast cancer. I have finished chemo and should start my radio Tx next week. We (atypicals) are around, hopefully we can both be long-term survivors!

Possum
TN G3 Stage1,dx 22/02/08
SN bx (3 neg nodes)
Tx FEC100(3cycles),Taxotere(3cycles)
BRCA1 Unclassified Variant
Eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2008 at 3:11am
Thanks for touching base. I certainly hope we are the long term survivors, I have too much left to look forward to in my life. I am 14 tx into rads with 19 left...so far so good. Keep me posted as I will for you.Do you know why your onc picked FEC and taxatere? I went through 4 rounds adriamycin/cytoxan and 4 cycles of taxol. I wonder why the different chemos? Eileen
Raine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2008 at 4:49pm
Hi Eileen and Possum

Don't post here very often, but thought I would tell my story. I was dx with stage 2 grade 3 medullary bc in 1997,  it was 3.5cm and I had 6+ nodes had a lumpectomy, followed by 6 x AC and Rads. Kept well and got on with my life until 2006 when I was dx with stage 3 grade 3 IDC and DCIS in the other Breast.   I was also triple Neg both times and had a mastectomy 4 x FEC and 6 x Taxol and rads this time.  I am now just over 2 years out from this dx.
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2008 at 5:46pm
Hello Raine from New Zealand!!!

You were the first one to reply to me when I posted the first time! I am Nancy and my daughter Lori was dx TNBC June, 2007. How are you??
It is so good to hear from you!
Hugs,
Nancy
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2008 at 5:45am
Hi Raine,

It's so nice that you stopped in to post and help with sharing your story.

Congratulations on your two years out and here's to many many more!
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2008 at 10:48am
Thanks Raine for your post. It is nice to hear from a survivor with specifics the same. Congrats on your 2 years and I am looking forward to joining you. I am almost done with rads and have alot still to look forward to in this life. Keep us posted on your journey. Eileen
BanR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 10:34am
hi everyone..
I see that nobody posted here since 2008. Its 2014 now...can we just reconnect.
I also got diagnosed with atypical medullary last year and now radiations going on.
Looking fwd to connect
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic