FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caroplantin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
James123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caroplantin
    Posted: Dec 31 2018 at 12:04pm
Has anyone received carboplatin after surgery?
parrynd1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parrynd1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2019 at 7:57am
Yes, I had clear margins, but microscopic cancer in sentinel node. Did Carb & Taxol (I think...can never remeber the T chemo’s name). It went smoothly and wasn’t too bad to tolerate.
Dx 9/016 Age 28, 3c, Grade 3, 1/5 Nodes, BRCA -, KI-67 >90%, I-Spy 2, DD A/C, Lumpectomy w/ 3 nodes removed, TC, Rads
2/2018 recurrence + brain & lung mets, Craniotomy, SRS, IPI-549, Opdivo/Avastin
James123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2019 at 11:09am
Parynmd1

So you had chemo before surgery then after surgery you had microscopic cancer so they gave you additional Carboplatin and Taxol?

James123 
parrynd1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parrynd1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2019 at 1:51pm
Correct. My SO didn’t think it necessary to go back and remove more lymph nodes, however I didn’t respond well to the AC chemo I was on. It only shrunk my tumor from 2.5cm to 2cm so size is potentially a factor. If you feel strongly about doing more chemo I would push it with your MO. I also did 30 rounds on radiation after the Carbo and had a recurrence during radiation! TN is one hell of a cancer, but it is beatable. My thinking is I don’t want to look back and see an option I didn’t take and regret it. What does your MO say as to why not do the Carbo? What will it hurt? Better safe than sorry...it’s only your life we are talk about here. Just my rambling thoughts tho I guess, lol. 
Dx 9/016 Age 28, 3c, Grade 3, 1/5 Nodes, BRCA -, KI-67 >90%, I-Spy 2, DD A/C, Lumpectomy w/ 3 nodes removed, TC, Rads
2/2018 recurrence + brain & lung mets, Craniotomy, SRS, IPI-549, Opdivo/Avastin
James123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2019 at 2:22pm
Thank you Jdbmd1 😇.  I was Dx in June 2018  with a 2.2cm tumor and positive lymph node and we thought it was just 1 node.  After 15 rounds of chemo with no Carboplatin- I had MRI before surgery and it showed the breast tumor shrunk from 2.2 CM to 1.2 CM.  And node tumor was 3.4 CM and shrunk to 3.0 CM. I had the surgery and the pathology report  showed that the surgeon got clear margins and it was 1.2CM of cancer left and she removed all my lymph nodes which was 16 and 2 of them still had cancer.  I am concerned about reoccurrence as well even just waiting for the radiation treatments to start.  

My MO told me she would give me carboplatin after surgery which is what I want.  I am going to push for that.

How soon after surgery did you start the Carboplatin?  And did the reoccurrence come after you had the carboplatin? And where was the reoccurrence?  And how are you doing?  Are you now NED?

Thank you so much for responding to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic