FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin Mets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
d9k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d9k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skin Mets
    Posted: Nov 18 2018 at 11:27am
Hi. I'm new here.
Was diagnosed stage IIA TNBC Sept 2016.
Declared NED March 2017.

Think I might have skin mets and I was wondering if anyone had ever gotten skin mets in an area not near surgical site?

I thought I had a bump from shaving.
It became VERY inflamed and I ended up at the doctors thinking maybe it was MRSA.
It was cut open and I was put on antibiotics.

Doctor told me if it doesn't clear up I'll be sent to a surgeon for biopsy.

It's been over a week and it's gotten worse and I have 2 more "spots".

It looks really gross and when I googled skin mets, it matches the appearance.

It's in my groin area.

Would that be odd to have mets so far from the original site?
parrynd1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parrynd1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2018 at 12:00am
I have skin mets and I believe they can appear anywhere. Mine are on the bad boob and I was/am already in active treatment for being stage 4. Mine appeared similar to what you described. I saw a little red bump and honestly thought I had a pimple, but it didn’t go away, wouldn’t pop and hurt very much if I tried to. Then I got a few more and now I have more than I can keep track of. They are hard and don’t move much with the skin, but they do have a tiny bit of give if I try to move them around. Plus it is very itchy. Now that mine are more developed the skin feels warm, the breast is very very swollen and is probably pink/red but it’s hard to tell since that breast was fully radiated. My MO said I could have a dermatologist do a biopsy, but now she said she has seen enough skin mets to go with the diagnosis. It doesn’t change much for me treatment wise other than adding to the to-do list so-to-speak. When I googled skin mets I didn’t see many that really resembled what i have...not the extent anyways. They grow fast and each week I can see a noticeable difference. I would suggest taking pictures to keep track of what’s going on so you have more to show the doctor or dermatologist and can just keep track in general. I’d post a close up pic but I think it would get removed even not showing anything, plus I’m sure each case is different so I’m not sure if it would help much. Regardless I would push to get a biopsy...better safe than sorry and catching it early can make a huge difference. I’m hoping you just have a weird skin thing though. There is so much that can happen on the body that isn’t cancer.
Dx 9/016 Age 28, 3c, Grade 3, 1/5 Nodes, BRCA -, KI-67 >90%, I-Spy 2, DD A/C, Lumpectomy w/ 3 nodes removed, TC, Rads
2/2018 recurrence + brain & lung mets, Craniotomy, SRS, IPI-549, Opdivo/Avastin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic