FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keytruda Immunotherapy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leahstuffle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahstuffle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keytruda Immunotherapy
    Posted: Aug 05 2018 at 8:18pm
Thank you both! After a lengthy conversation, I am reassured I will have it later, postpartum! I'm looking forward to using it, as everything I've seen is promising. I see MD Anderson in a week!
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2018 at 9:57am
I have a friend that is in a Keytruda trial. She had 2 tumors and was staged 2b at.diagnosis. She did Taxol and Carboplatin, then A C, with Keytruda throughout. At mastectomy 5 weeks after chemo ended she had achieved pCR - a complete response. she continues Keytruda for 6 months following surgery. It was the best outcome there could be! She did have treatment delays twice for low red and white counts, but she did chemo weekly for T, every 3 weeks for C, then every 2 weeks with the AC. You are seeing the MD Anderson doc soon, right? I'd see her before receiving the Keytruda, since she's the expert on cancer treatment during cancer.
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
VEA2018 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VEA2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2018 at 6:15pm
Leahstuffle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahstuffle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2018 at 10:36am
Hello!
I'm about to start chemo for the first time on August 8th. I'm stage IIIB due to the size of my tumor (between 9-10cm) and 3 lymph nodes involved. To make this more interesting, I'm almost 12 weeks pregnant with my second child.

I'm starting with AC every three weeks (I cannot have a Neulasta dose because of the pg), and then I'm scheduled to start Taxol weekly with Keytruda every 3rd dose. 

I'm not having a lot of success learning about the Keytruda, and what I do know seems pretty damning in terms of the pregnancy. Does anyone have different information about Keytruda past this website?

Pregnancy

There are no data on the use of pembrolizumab in pregnant women. Animal reproduction studies have not been conducted with pembrolizumab; however, in murine models of pregnancy blockade of PD-L1 signaling has been shown to disrupt tolerance to the foetus and to result in an increased foetal loss (see section 5.3). These results indicate a potential risk, based on its mechanism of action, that administration of pembrolizumab during pregnancy could cause foetal harm, including increased rates of abortion or stillbirth. Human immunoglobulins G4 (IgG4) are known to cross the placental barrier; therefore, being an IgG4, pembrolizumab has the potential to be transmitted from the mother to the developing foetus. Pembrolizumab should not be used during pregnancy unless the clinical condition of the woman requires treatment with pembrolizumab.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic