FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xeloda before radiation?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Asovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xeloda before radiation?
    Posted: Jun 14 2018 at 3:39pm
I just met with my surgeon this morning. I had surgery last Friday and the pathology showed my main tumor had “vaporized” but there still was DCIS on the margins and I think some other spots in my breast. I also had 7 out of 16 lymph nodes test positive for active cancer. Five were micro and two macro. My surgeon consulted with the tumor board and the plan suggests: Xeloda, radiation and a right breast mastectomy. Mastectomy would most likely be last. My surgeon suggested Xeloda first for six months and then radiation. I am wondering why the neoadjuvant chemo did not get the lymph nodes as he was surprised too. So that makes me wonder if the Xeloda will get to them. The dye for surgery to locate the nodes also did not work. Maybe radiation should be first and then Xeloda? Can they be used concurrently? I realize the cancer cells got to the nodes, but why not the other things. I have an appointment with Dr Traina on June 26th and I am wondering what she will say. Ideas? Thanks

Ann
James123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2018 at 12:58pm
Hi I also have a question about side effects from Chemo. I ended my Chemo 2 weeks ago and still having upper back pain. How long do side effects last

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic