FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insect Repellents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PAGIRL65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAGIRL65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insect Repellents
    Posted: May 18 2018 at 8:09pm
Hello all,

Before you know it, it will be Summer. That brings me to the subject of insect repellents. I don't know about you, but mosquitoes love me! When I get bit it's more than just itching. The bites also cause swelling, redness, and heat to the area of the bite. And it takes forever for the area to heal. It's been that way for me for as long as I can remember. As I'm sure you'll agree, insect repellents are chock full of chemicals you apply to the skin to hopefully keep the nasty buggers away. As a BC survivor, I'm really not too keen on the idea of dousing myself with the stuff, but I don't want to hide in the house all Summer either. Anyone have any suggestions on a product to use that's safe and effective?

Jane
Warriorkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warriorkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2018 at 5:13pm
Lemon eucalyptus oil has worked for me. If at home and sitting outside an oscillating fan can move enough air to dissipate the CO2 we emit. Also there are plug in machines that you can set >20ft away from decks and patios that will attract and kill insects that are CO2 hunters.
Gratefully,
Kat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic