FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xeolda vs Carboplatin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xeolda vs Carboplatin
    Posted: Apr 30 2018 at 8:00am
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

rstar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2018 at 6:05pm
Hello there,

Since you had a response to A/C and both Carboplatin, Adriamycin and Cyclosophomide are DNA damaging agents, then I would start with Carboplatin (onc would probably give u 4 cycles of that) and continue with Xeloda as a maintenance therapy. Xeloda should be given for 6 months at the most according to Create-X trial.

Edited by rstar - Apr 28 2018 at 6:09pm
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2018 at 1:40pm
With TNBC Carboplatin is usually given with Taxol. With you doing it alone that would be a consideration. That would be a question I'd pose to the Dr's, how much has Carboplatin given alone been tested, versus Xeloda which I think is usually given alone?
Just a thought...
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
PinkWarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkWarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2018 at 1:03pm
Any advice much appreciated.   I went through my AC chemo in Nov and Dec with no problems. Started Taxsol in Jan and made it through 2 doses of that before we had to stop because of liver functions tripled and I went into SVT. I started a new one called Taxotre   My tumor started growing so we only did two of those and I then had a bilateral mastectomy. Unfortunately the final path only showed 15 % response. Which I am not surprised because he grew after it had shrunk with AC. It also showed some Metplasia cells.   Which I ended up having a CT of my chest abd and pelvis and that was clear. Now I will either get Xeolda or carboplatin after my radiation is complete. My question is has anyone been in a study with one or thee other. I see a lot of people have taken carboplatin as part of there treatment. How did it treat you. I would only have to complete 4 doses of it. I would appreciate anyone’s advice comments.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic