FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Elderly care

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VEA2018 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VEA2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elderly care
    Posted: Jul 28 2018 at 7:04am
Mandy26 thank for your post I have a question to ask my mom is 74 stage 1 beginning of breast cancer can you share with us what type of treatment she had when the cancer was discover like chemo first than surgery etc... thank you kindly my mom does not want chemo but she is ready for radiation we have not seen a dr yet we have an appt next week
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2018 at 10:44pm
Thank for sharing with us about your grandma and the good care she received.
Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.
mandy26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandy26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2018 at 1:50am
My grandmother was suffering from breast cancer. Day by day, her health became weak and she started becoming hostile and reluctant to eat food. It was difficult for her to meet her daily needs. Since I had a job, it was difficult to manage both my work schedule and taking care of her. But then my friend told me about home care services available in Toronto (https://www.c-care.ca/services/home-care-services/) and their facilities. When I enquired about them, I was pretty much satisfied with their services. I explained to them about my grandma’s condition and they were pretty much helpful in arranging a good nurse for home care. My grandma was a little tough person. It was hard for her to adjust to the fact that she has to spend the whole day with a strange person. At first, it was difficult for me to convince her. But the nurse, who was assigned to us was very efficient and she managed to maintain a good company with grandma. She was very professional and caring as well. Surprisingly, grandma started to like her company and she felt completely free to ask her any help. She assisted her in dressing, feeding, and cleaning etc. She was very punctual regarding my grandma’s medicines and all. And then grandma showed much improvement in her health and she was able to do everything on her own. The mental support and attention she received helped her recover very soon. Thanks to the supportive staffs and nurses.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic