FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Having recurrance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Soorya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soorya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Having recurrance
    Posted: Dec 15 2017 at 10:54am
Hi
Everyone
Regret to meet in such a situation but need some support from you all wonderful people

I was diagnosed nov 16 for TNBC(stage 2 , BRCA negative,0 to 3 +ive nodes) .Did chemo,mastectomy and radiation
During my regular check up again in nov 17, diagnosed with local recurrence near mastectomy site.My scans are clear
Did a lumpectomy again and waiting for further treatment

Is anybody in similar situation diagnosed with in such short time.

Also is this curable?
Need some support and hope
BTW i am 35 yr old
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2017 at 4:49pm
Welcome soorya, so glad you found us but so very sorry for your recurrence. I was diagnosed last year with a recurrence, but my first was in 2009. Your 2 diagnoses being this close together means they'll probably say it's the same event not fully cured would be my guess, whereas mine has to be a brand new growth, which is quite rare. Regardless, they'll treat it the same I think. Have they determined if it Was just in the remaining breast tissue? Is the pathology of it _exactly_ the same as the first? I believe you're saying they've done a lumpectomy first? If that's the case, are they saying they got good sized, clean margins?
My advise always is to get a second opinion. My second opinion at MD Anderson this time changed the chemo plan. I had a complete response (all cancer was gone at the time of my surgery after chemo) so my second opinion was a possibly life saving decision! And yes, I'd say this is indeed curable -
it's been over a year since my surgery and I still show no evidence of disease, I'm feeling better every day and I'm enjoying myself more than I have in many years. You will get thru this! Feel free to send me a private message if you'd like to talk.
Kelly
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
tacoates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tacoates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2018 at 3:18pm
hi Soorya - i'm sorry you are going through this.  I have a friend who had a reoccurrence and it was a rare situation.  she had the chemo and mastectomy and 2 years later it showed up in lymph nodes but she is great now...  4 years cancer free and she's living life.  I agree that this is curable and we all have to keep remembering that!  it's a very scary road but you will get through it :)

Lots of hugs and good wishes...
Soorya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soorya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2018 at 2:14pm
Hi all
Thank you for all wishes.Now started my second round of cisplatin and gemzar.Onco had suggested for 6 cycles.
Hope it will work this time
Greengrass1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greengrass1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2018 at 4:11pm
Hi, I'm just wondering if ur friend had surgery on lymph nodes when it reoccurred? Or, did she just have chemo? It's great she's 4 years cancer free from when it reoccurred!
Tonya98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonya98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2018 at 1:34pm
It's good that your scan is clear and that this is a local recurrece. I had skin mets 3 months after finishing radiation and my oncologist at the time still thouht I had a chance at a cure. That was over 10 years ago. I haven't had skin mets since. Another recurrence to chest wall in 2008, more chemo and now no further progression since that trial.

2/1/07 -IDC 2.5cm node positive her2+ ACT&herceptin.

1/8/08 recurrence to skin -triple negative. 07/23/10 -chest wall. Parp trial 9/10 - present. Iniparib ending November 2015 Stable 9/19/2016
Lisa s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2018 at 1:13am
Finished treatment Feb 2018. Had chemo lumpectomy and radiation. The opposite breast now feels bigger and a little harder than radiation breast. Some arm pain that seems like nerve pain. I had a complete response to treatment but am freaking out. Anyone else experience this?
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2018 at 7:23pm
Always call your oncologist when you feel anything different at all. It's usually nothing, but even just worrying like you are isn't good for you. Schedule a quick mammogram to ease your mind. I've had 3 medical and 2 surgical oncologists now, they all said to call with any changes I felt in my body that bothered me. Have a glass of wine tonight and call them in the morning! Then let us know when you get the official all clear :)
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic