FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

scar tissue or cancerous lump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cbiehler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbiehler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scar tissue or cancerous lump
    Posted: Sep 04 2017 at 3:08pm
I had a single left side mastectomy in Feb. 2016 and then an implant put in and a muscle lift on right side to make more symmetrical in Oct. 2016 and now it seems that I have scar tissue or a lump near incision sight.  I have a scheduled mammogram end of September and had one earlier in March that they said it was just scar tissue.  Also my implant has never felt soft and is hard and seems to shift around somehow.  What is best test to see if there is any cancer in reconstructed side?

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2017 at 8:12pm
cbiehler,

Probably the best tests to ask for would be an ultrasound, MRI or PET scan.  
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2017 at 4:55pm
cbiehler: My wife had non-TNBC in2008, it was " Invasive Ductal Cancer" with " Lobular " , (ILC) it's called Invasive Lobular Carcinoma"....
My wife had scar tissue develop, where she had a "thickening" of her tissue in her armpit, and below that, where she thought it was cancer again, it was not, the surgeon excised lots of tissue , since it was "lobular" which puts out fingers.... he wanted to make sure he got a clean margin....there was a period, I would say 6-12 months after surgery, where my wife had tissues changing, and she had her doctors check this area....because she felt a change , so they did, and determined it was not a new cancer, hope this helps...
wife: IDC/Lobular Stage2B 2008 lumpectomy/TAC+rads
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
PET scan stable 9-2016/ 1-2017
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2017 at 5:37pm
My wife had a saline implant after all her therapies...this is the wonderful plastic surgeon... but we are in California/ San Diego, I would recommend her for any opinion, she is the best there is ...

https://www.scripps.org/physicians/5962-jyoti-arya
wife: IDC/Lobular Stage2B 2008 lumpectomy/TAC+rads
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
PET scan stable 9-2016/ 1-2017
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic