FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seroma developed during radiation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lizjayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizjayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seroma developed during radiation
    Posted: Aug 31 2017 at 9:45am
Dead  Following my sixteeth radiation treatment, I developed a seroma in the treated breast.  The pain was horrendous!  My Radiologist was concerned that I'd developed an infection and--after many attempts--was finally able to contact my Surgeon.  He even walked over to her office (which was in another building).  She finally responded and I was sent to her office.  An ultrasound was taken, she (the surgeon) cleared out the room and proceeded to squeeze my breast (after inserting a needle).  The pain was excruciating and the breast--although less painful--is not free of pain to this day!  Yesterday and today are the first days that I'm up and about.  I went online today and the report states that I had a US Breast Complete Right procedure.  A seroma is seen in the right breast at 7 o'clock 11 cm from nipple.  What is a seroma?  Was it caused by the radiation procedure?  Should I continue radiation once the breast has completely healed?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic