FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hair loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lisalinn99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisalinn99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair loss
    Posted: Aug 15 2017 at 6:28am
I just finished A/C last week and will be starting taxol next week. I have heard mixed reviews but have heard that your hair and eyelashes will start to grow back. I also heard that taxol is much easier on the stomach. Has anyone experienced either of these things?
Thank you
Lisa
Penny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2017 at 10:08pm
I had TC and yes, my hair fell out and my eyebrows and 1/2 of my eyelashes. I finished chemo 3/28/17 and finished RADs on 6/6/17.  My hair is growing back and my eyelashes and eyebrows are back!  I did use supplements and eyelash/eyebrow treatments that helped boost them back.  I hope this helps!!!!

Penny :)
DX IDC, TNBC 12/7/16 (age 55), Stage 1a Grade 2, .6cm, 0/1 nodes, Lumpectomy & node dissection 12/22/16, BRCA1&2 negative 1/23/17 Chemo TC. Chemo completed 3/28/17. 30 RADs completed 6/6/17.

Meadow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2017 at 1:03am
I also did AC followed by Taxol. Taxol was MUCH easier. I had no nausea at all. Taxol did make me very tired sometimes, and I had some neuropathy in fingers and toes that went away after it was over. My hair did not grow back during Taxol. My eyelashes had not fallen out during AC, but toward the end of Taxol I got a lot of styes and my eyelashes did fall out. They grew back quickly after Taxol - sooner than my hair. I hope things go well for you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisalinn99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2017 at 5:41am
Thank you!  :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisalinn99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2017 at 5:42am
Thank you so much.  This is very helpful.  
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2017 at 6:15pm
My wife had chemo in 2008, (TAC) and then again in 2015, (her other breast) , since she is 58, her hair never grew back, but I have read posts that women have their hair grow back, I think it depends on hair-type, maybe heredity, and age, but I can tell you my wife is alive and well and wearing some nice wigs, but they are getting "bigley" (Trumpism) expensive...G.
wife: IDC/Lobular Stage2B 2008 lumpectomy/TAC+rads
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
PET scan stable 9-2016/ 1-2017
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic