FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remembering Lorenda Ingersoll

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bingerso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bingerso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remembering Lorenda Ingersoll
    Posted: Aug 14 2017 at 3:04pm
Thank you Meadow for your kind words.

It just felt like I needed to share this with folks that really get what this disease is about. My kids/grandkids and work "family" have been wonderful and supportive for me and I will continue to lean on them. So many people have gone through what I am experiencing - yet each relationship is so unique that it feels like nobody else could possibly understand how I feel . . .
Broken Heart Brad
-----
Husband of Lorenda
New dx -8/14.
1.6 cm tumor-new primary L breast
bi-mx, recon
nodes 16/16 +
BRCA1/2 -
chemo- TBD
rad - TBD

6/09 dx stage 1, gr3
lumpectomy, DD ACx4,Taxol x8/12 rad x33
Meadow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2017 at 2:48am
Oh Brad, my heart goes out to you. I read the obituary - your wife was beautiful and gave so much love to so many. Grief for someone you love so deeply is not something you can prepare for or imagine. I hope your kids and grandkids will provide some comfort. Thank you for sharing this sad news and a bit about your loving, giving soulmate.
bingerso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bingerso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2017 at 11:17pm
Obituary for Lorenda: http://affordableduluth.com/obituaries/lorenda-ingersoll/168/

On July 21, I lost my wife of almost 40 years (3 weeks shy). This site was one of the first places I turned to for help/information after her initial tnbc diagnosis in 2009, so I thought it would be appropriate to post this here.  

Lorenda was diagnosed with TNBC on 2 separate occasions 5 years apart. Docs insist it was a "new primary" in 2014. During the last 3 years, her disease progressed slowly but surely despite the bilateral mx, radiation and almost continuous chemo (adriamycin/cytoxane docetaxel, gemcitabine, carboplatin, navelbine, xeloda in various combinations) - including finishing whole brain radiation a week before she died. In the end, it was a combination of pneumonia and heart damage (likely caused by "life-time max" of doxirubicin) that she couldn't fight. We knew the end was coming, but this happened so fast, that I still can't believe it when I look at pictures of her with the grandkids just a week before she passed! All the talk of palliative care and hospice . . . we were determined to be ready to deal with what was coming - but she didn't make it there :-(

I've never known loss of this depth - it physically hurts to think of not having her here to grow old with . . .

Brad
-----
Husband of Lorenda
New dx -8/14.
1.6 cm tumor-new primary L breast
bi-mx, recon
nodes 16/16 +
BRCA1/2 -
chemo- TBD
rad - TBD

6/09 dx stage 1, gr3
lumpectomy, DD ACx4,Taxol x8/12 rad x33