FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lymph Node involvement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Claire137 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claire137 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lymph Node involvement
    Posted: Aug 03 2017 at 3:26pm
Hi All, 

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has had a lot of lymph nodes found to be cancerous? 

My mum was diagnosed over a month ago and they removed a 1.5mm lump and also 26 lymph nodes, of which 17 are cancerous. 

This is terrifying as we thought we had caught it early and now we don't know what this means in terms of recovery, recurrence and survival. 

We are waiting for a CT scan next week to see if it has spread elsewhere, hoping and praying it has not! 

It would be good to hear of anyone with similar diagnoses, how are you getting on??

Thank you, 
Claire 

gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2017 at 7:31pm
Claire: there are many who survived with many lymph nodes positive for cancer. My wife had 4 lymph nodes cancerous, and the chemo she had BEFORE surgery killed it. Not to say she's "cured" by any means...

You said: " they removed a 1.5 " mm " lump and also 26 lymph nodes, of which 17 are cancerous. "

Are you sure you didn't meant 1.5 "centimeters"?  It sounds weird than a tiny 1.5 MILLIMETER cancer( there are 10 millimeters in a centimeter, which is about US 3/8 inch) would migrate to 17 nodes, but I'm not a doctor .

wife: IDC/Lobular Stage2B 2008 lumpectomy/TAC+rads
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
PET scan stable 9-2016/ 1-2017
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic