FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stomach Pain - Chemo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Penny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stomach Pain - Chemo
    Posted: Mar 20 2017 at 1:29pm
Hi Everyone - I am heading into my fourth and final chemo treatment (TC) next week.  I have noticed a funny stomach pain right under my rib cage that comes and goes.  Nothing crippling, but it has me worried.  I have read that chemo affects the stomach and stomach issues can be common.  Has anyone experienced stomach pains during chemo?  

I appreciate any response.  I don't need more to worry about and want to be super happy as I walk into my last treatment.  My mind is saying "Oh my gosh now I have stomach cancer" which can't be possible because I was a stage 1a with no lymph-node involvement.  Funny how the mind let's you freak out over things when you are TN.

Thanks,

Penny 
DX IDC, TNBC 12/7/16 (age 55), Stage 1a Grade 2, .6cm, 0/1 nodes, Lumpectomy & node dissection 12/22/16, BRCA1&2 negative 1/23/17 Chemo TC. Chemo completed 3/28/17. 30 RADs completed 6/6/17.

Mdnyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mdnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2017 at 10:34pm
Hi Penny,

Keep on trucking sister, you're almost done!! I had the same diagnosis as you last year. Right before my last two Taxol treatments I had stomach cramps and nausea. Didn't want any food at all. Was just a side effect of the chemo in my case (and I'm sure in yours too). A year later and all back to normal. Hang in there, sweetie!! Ring that bell on your last day!
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2017 at 8:18am
Hi Penny,

It wouldn't hurt to mention this pain to your oncologist at your next appointment. He/she would have a good sense of what's going on and what's causing that pain. To help your oncologist, you may want to keep a log of when the pain occurs, where, what time and what you're doing when it 'hits'. 

Your thoughts are normal, I know that I also find that my thoughts go that way when I experience a new sensation in my body. I'm learning to give it time and if the pain persists for more than 2 weeks, I go and see my doctor.
Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic