FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What was the best part of your day today?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What was the best part of your day today?
    Posted: Jun 06 2016 at 9:10pm
Hi everyone,

I've been finding that it's important for me to focus on the positive things in life, every day and so I'd like to ask, what was the best part of your day today?

Today I was able to drive the car for the first time since surgery. It was great to buy groceries, run errands and stop wherever I wanted to without having to ask. 
Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2016 at 9:10am

Hi Jacklin,   What a great question. It helps so much to focus on gratitude. Even in the most difficult times one can find something good that has happened that day, even if it is something like eating an ice cream cone. It lifts us up!

I remember when it was so nice to get out and about again a little. I am glad you are enjoying that again.

It has been awhile for me since all of that. I was so tired the last few days. I felt that I should do this and that, always so much to do but I just let myself rest and listen to my body and I received so much peace in doing so. I watched some funny dvds and had tea and well I guess that was the best part of my day...relaxing.

Love, Annie

Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
AmyL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2016 at 8:07pm
Love this question Jacklin! It's so important to focus on the POSITIVE!

Today was my first day back to work since 21 Feb! I'm not allowed to see patients due to my low WBC count (pediatric patients tend to be "germmy") but it was great interacting with my peers/co-workers, catching up on administrative work etc...I started to get tired about an hour before I was due to go home, but "pushed through" and then met my husband and daughter for pizza....what a good day.

Love you Ladies!

Amy
Dx Dec '15, 1.1 cm, stage 1A, gr 2, TNBC, BRCA -, 1/16 lumpectomy with red/lift, 2/16 DD A/C x 4, Taxol x12, planed radiation summer '16.
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2016 at 8:48pm
Congratulations Amy on your first day back. Will you be back 5 days a week again? Please be careful, I know that you still have rads to do. Glad you had a wonderful first day back, and then had what sounds like the perfect dinner.

Sleep well - I'm sure you'll be 'out like a light"
Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
Tulips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2016 at 6:19pm
Oh, I love this question!  I hope everyone had many great aspects to their day today.  I did!  I took a beautiful bike ride, but only got halfway when I remembered that a friend had organized a ladies lunch/pool party, so I had to skedaddle back home quickly and head over for a fun few hours with friends in the gorgeous summer sunshine.  Then I went home to do lots of ordinary organizing and kid carpools, etc, and now a lot of friends/families are heading to our town beach for picnic dinners to watch the sunset.  I live in RI and we have typical blustery New England winters, so when summer rolls around, it is such a joy.

I am in the midst of worrying over some weird rib pain and a funny-feeling lymph node in my armpit, and so I am doing my best to just cram my days with fun stuff and not think about these things.   I'm off for the summer (I teach a few classes at a university, but don't work in the summers).  I've already "cried wolf" recently due to unusual headaches, and had a clear brain MRI, so I feel a little like a hypochondriac and want to wait these new pains out a little while before discussing with my MO.  Keeping busy definitely helps.  I kind of wish I was working, to keep myself super-busy, yet I'm enjoying the free time with my teens.  Just got back from looking at a few colleges with my oldest.  We had a great trip to Chicago for 3 days--such an awesome city, and wonderful to have some one-on-one time with him.  Truly hoping that I'm lucky enough to see him and his sister through college.  In the meantime, I'm savoring these gorgeous summer moments, and feeling really lucky in many ways.

I love realizing that we can all have so many different "best parts of the day"....from relaxing, to treasuring milestones like getting to drive again, to getting back to work!  There are so many things to be grateful for.  Best wishes to everyone!
Dx April 2015 IDC TN 2.2 cm, Grade 3, Chemo started May 2015: Taxol/Carbo then AC, Lx with SNB Nov 2015, 33 Rad Dec 2015-Feb 2016. 6 months Capecitabine starting March 2016
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic