FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

death from lung mets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2017 at 7:33pm
My wife orders this from Amazon, it's  Tumeric Curcumin 500mg that has black pepper 5mg in it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HK6FGIS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We hope you have better news after your sister's test on Wednesday.
wife: IDC/Lobular Stage2B 2008 lumpectomy/TAC+rads
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
PET scan stable 9-2016/ 1-2017
sister#2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sister#2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2017 at 8:33pm
How much turmeric does she take a day?
Tiffini
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2017 at 9:03am
She takes one a day tumeric, they have ?s/answers here

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/asin/B00HK6FGIS/1/ref=ask_ql_psf_ql_hza?sort=SUBMIT_DATE&isAnswered=true

She takes a green tea cap also an anti-inflamatory and a flaxseed oil at night.
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
sister#2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sister#2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2017 at 6:16am
We got the results of the brain scan and it was not the news we were hoping for. The brain mets are on the inside of the brain barrier not the outside like we had hoped. Last April Tanya had over 40 brain mets and at that time we were able to do 3 weeks of intense radiation. That is not the case today. Tanya and Chris are going to meet with the radiologist to see if there are other options.   Needless to say SHE IS DEVISTATED. I walked into her room and she was on the phone crying hard to her husband saying "I cant believe this!" Tanya got deathly ill from 1 of her many many chemos about 8 months ago and it almost killed her. I don't think that is an option going forward. She also has a fracture on her L5 from 1 of her tumors coming through her spine and she is in excruciating pain all the time.
I know my post sounds grim but we are all physically and emotionally numb at the moment and running out of options.
We are laying all of this news at the Lords feet and praying for our next move. Tanya is a fighter her spirits and attitude are AMAZING!
SHE IS AMAZING!
I wanted to share with you how special she is...
I just learned yesterday that since her diagnosis 4 years ago she set up an email account and she has been sending letters to her 4 babies for over the last 4 years. There must be hundreds and hundreds of letters to those 4 beautiful babies!
(11 to 6 years old)
Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks

Thank you
Tiffini
Tiffini
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2017 at 8:16pm
We are thinking of you and your dedication to your sister and your family, I wish I had some advice, but many times we are without advice and sometimes I pray, and please hear we are thinking of you and whatevwr medical advice we can solve, between Scripps/La Jolla and UCSD/Moores doctors, we will gladly ask and pass-on any info we can extract from my wife's doctors, G.......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic