FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mom has reoccurance of stage IV met.TNBC-Support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Julie1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mom has reoccurance of stage IV met.TNBC-Support
    Posted: Jan 25 2016 at 11:07am
My Mom was diagnosed a little of a year ago with TBNC and when they found it they staged it at IV. I helped her through all her treatments and lumpectomy and a month ago after her PET scan they saw it again in her lungs. She is meeting with her MD today to discuss any options she may have but I am feeling very lost and angry. I knew the odds going into this but a part of me always thought she would pull through. She survived leukemia 12 years ago and is the strongest person I know. I have already lost my dad and now to lose my mom as well seems almost unbearable. I am only 28 and have two small daughters and want them to grow up knowing their grandma.

Any words of support or encouragement in this time would be very helpful for me. I know the odds but any stories of hope or even acceptance would be really good I think. I am not sure what the next few months will bring and I think that is the scariest part. She seems so healthy right now, I am afraid of what the cancer will take from her. So again, any uplifting stories or advice would be helpful as we start this journey again.
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2016 at 3:37pm
Julie- there was a conversation on here that might help, it's older, there may be others, I googled "tnbc metastasis to lungs" and it came up. You can use the search feature here also.
http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/lung-mets-tnbc_topic8048.html
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic