FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toronto TNBC in-person support group?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NoPrimarySite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoPrimarySite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toronto TNBC in-person support group?
    Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 5:44pm
Hello! I'm a very new member, and am thrilled at the wealth of knowledge and experience here. I was wondering if the online discussion groups ever give birth to face-to-face support groups when there are enough people in one geographical area?

I live in Toronto, am getting treatment at St. Mike's and The Princess Margaret. I've had chemo, bilateral partial mastectomy, and am halfway through radiation. I finally feel like I could use some commiseration in person, so I'm asking here. 

Are there any Toronto-area TNBCF members who'd like to consider meeting at least once to see how it goes?

Thanks very much!

Jacquelyn
rosewater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosewater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 2:45pm
Hi Jacquelyn,

I wish I lived in T.O to meet with you. Unfortunately, I'm in Vancouver and haven't seen any others on here in Vancouver as well. I like the idea of meeting for tea or coffee every once in a while to meet with others who may be able to relate - especially as treatment ends and we're more on our own.

Rosewater
DX IDC TNBC 03/14 age 40, Stage 1, Grade 3, 2cm, 0/4Nodes, lumpectomy 04/14, DD A/C x4, Taxol x12, Carboplatin x2, BMX 10/14, rads x28 Finished Jan 14/15, Oopherectomy Jan 29/15 BRCA 2+
MLindaG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLindaG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 8:50pm
I know here in the USA I had a question and contacted the American Cancer Society and within a week I had a call from someone who had recovered from TNBC and lived in my town. I did not ask for this nor did I know someone was going to call me. She said they try to match survivors with others with the same type of cancer. She would call about every couple of weeks and we even met for coffee. I got a lovely Christmas card from her. She said she is a volunteer and thought I would be a great mentor in the future but you must be at least a year past ending your treatment before you could be a mentor. Possibly in Canada there is such a network?? Do you have a Canadian Cancer Society?
Dx TNBC 6/12; age 59; Stage 3, Grade 3; 3.5 cm, 3/10 nodes + chest wall nodes; A/C x4, T x 12 completed 12/12 with PCR, 2/13/13 lump; IMRT Rads x 33 completed 5/22/13 BRCA 1 negative.
rosewater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosewater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 8:55pm
Good thinking, MLindaG! I'll try that :)
DX IDC TNBC 03/14 age 40, Stage 1, Grade 3, 2cm, 0/4Nodes, lumpectomy 04/14, DD A/C x4, Taxol x12, Carboplatin x2, BMX 10/14, rads x28 Finished Jan 14/15, Oopherectomy Jan 29/15 BRCA 2+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic