FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Susan Budleman Shadle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melissa P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Susan Budleman Shadle
    Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 8:12am
Prayers please for my dear friend, Susan who passed early this morning after a courage battle of TNBC of 4½ years. Though, I never met Susan personally, she was a sister in one of my online groups and had watched her fight fiercely these last couple of years. May she rest peacefully now and God watch over her family. Susan was about 44 years old with 2 young children.

Diagnosed January 2010, Stage 2a
Recurrence August 2011
Departed June 19, 2014

Here's a video of some of Susan's story: http://youtu.be/3Zwi9mfwVWE

Her husband's message: My Dear Lord and Heavenly Father,

Today you have come to take one of your most valued warriors, my incredible wife Susan Budelman Shadle. You bestowed upon her all of the power, strength and will of ten thousand race horses needed to rage war on her cancer for four long years. But even the greatest warriors need to rest from battle.

Lord today you have given rest and peace to her. Please comfort her Lord as she enters your heavenly kingdom. Let her have peace knowing that her strength and will is an inspiration to many other warriors fighting the same great fight. Please give her solace in knowing that she has bestowed those same qualities in her beautiful babies. They have seen their mommy rage war and will know through her life that failure in anything is not an option.

Most of all Lord allow her to feel the power of Your Love and the Love from all those who knew her, had for her. Every warrior like her should be able to feel the emotions that drove them to be warriors in the first place and for Susan, it was pure Love. Love for her family, love for her children love for me and above all else the love for You Lord.

Thank you Lord for the time you gave me with this incredible person. I am heartbroken for having mine and the children's time cut short, but I know deep in my heart you have a plan for all of us. We will never understand that plan until we reach your heavenly kingdom, so please show Susan why Your plan for her included leaving her family so soon. Ease her pain and provide her that comfort.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen

Melissa Stukenborg Paskvans photo.

Edited by Melissa P. - Jul 02 2014 at 11:47pm
"Hope for more Tomorrows"
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, "I Won't Back Down!"
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 10:21am
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of another TNBC sister. I can tell from her husbands prayer that it is a family of deep faith in Jesus Christ.
I extend my deepest Sympathy and may Susan Rest In The Arms of Jesus forever.
Thank you for the link to the Rex Cancer Center. I live near Raleigh and know several ladies who got treatment there. Susan really gave a great presentation of the facility.

May God Bless and Keep You!
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 10:39am
I am just heartbroken.  I knew Susan from another online group and she was such a strong fighter.  Her love for her family gave her strength and helped her keep fighting.  May she now be free from suffering.  May her family gather strength to carry them through knowing how much she loved them all.
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 2:42am
Please visit Susan's photo gallery at: http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Susan-Shadle&lc=4234&pid=171426888&mid=6016825

In Memory of

Susan Kathleen Budelman Shadle

July 16, 1969 - June 19, 2014
Obituary

Susan Kathleen Budelman Shadle died peacefully early on Thursday, June 19th at Transitions Hospice Care of Raleigh, North Carolina in the company of her husband and surrounded by family after a 4-1/2 year fight with Stage IV Triple-Negative Breast Cancer.

Susan was born in Rome, NY on July 16th, 1969 and she graduated from Rome Free Academy where she was the drum major for the marching band. Susan had a Bachelor's of Science degree in Business Administration: Management and Organizational Development from the University of Mt. Olive in North Carolina. She was employed at Quintiles as a Senior Human Resources Information Systems Analyst in Morrisville, NC.

Susan is survived by her husband, Timothy Jason Shadle, her children, Timothy (TJ) Jason Shadle II (9), Amelia Margaret Shadle (7), her parents, Fred Budelman and Bonnie Cornell Budelman of Raleigh, NC and her sister and brother-in-law Deborah and Mark Brown of Cary, NC. Susan and Tim have close family members in the Cary area and extended family in PA, WI, NH, NJ, KY and NY.

Susan was a volunteer firefighter, a National Registry EMT, a trained Emergency Vehicle Operator and a CPR instructor. She was active in several breast cancer support groups and was a room-mother for her children's school at Cedar Fork Elementary. She was an accomplished musician on the French horn, playing in several symphonies in NY and in the sanctuary orchestra at White Plains United Methodist Church. Susan was involved in her children's activities such as flag football, swimming, and Tae Kwon Do. Susan fought an exceptional war against her cancer. She was a true warrior, never giving up and becoming an inspiration to all who knew her.

Funeral arrangements are being handled by the Brown-Wynne Funeral Home on Maynard Road, in Cary, NC. There will be a memorial service at White Plains Methodist Church on 313 S.E. Maynard Road in Cary at 11:00 am on Saturday, June 28th 2014. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to the children's college fund through CFNC and to TNBCF, the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation at https://tnbcfoundation.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation

Her family would like to thank all their neighbors, co-workers, friends, and Susan's doctors and caregivers for their prayers and support.
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:52pm
Here's a little history of Susan's TNBC battle taken from my blog posting:

January 2010, Originally diagnosed with TNBC, Stage 2a, 2 tumors under 2cm with 1 positive node. BMX, TAC chemo and 33 rads. One year out of treatments, Susan developed a cough and wheezing and was diagnose with Stage 4 recurrence mets to chest nodes, lungs and liver. 

"Today is a gift - tomorrow isn't promised to any of us. I'm going to keep on fighting and living my life like there is no tomorrow. This will not break me." ~Susan Shadle 

Susan had some success at keeping her cancer at bay with trials of Avastin/Abraxane, Gemzar/Carboplatin, Xeloda/BKM 120 (a P13 kinase inhibitor). Susan had gone a couple of months with having "no measurable disease" before having progression again in her lungs. 

"I'm stage 4 for two years and just reached NED. You have to make the choice for yourself : are you gonna fight to live or are you gonna spend your time worrying about dying. I will never stop fighting for myself, my family & my pink sisters." ~Susan Shadle

May 2013, the cancer had spread to her brain. My heart ached as Susan's battle came to an end on June 19, 2014.

"Most of the time I'm ok with my stage IV battle- it's become my new "normal". Every now and then I find myself almost unable to breathe because I become overwhelmed with emotion thinking of what my death would be like for my babies & my wonderful husband." ~Susan Shadle

mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 1:21am
Melissa,

Thank you so much for posting about Susan. It gives us all a better picture of the amazing woman she was and how she courageously battled this disease for her family.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic