FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crowd funding for latissimus flap expenses help - Event Date: Feb 17 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MaryinSarasota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryinSarasota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Crowd funding for latissimus flap expenses help
    Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 8:37am
I am hoping you find this useful.

While searching for some help with my never-ending hospital and medical bills from Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, I found this website that does help in a different way. I was a little leery about what I call cyber-begging but sometimes you just have to let go and have someone help you out. That is what GiveForward is about. They are what is called crowd-funding. A website, a cause or project and a place for the donations to be sent.

gfwd.at/1d6MFZr

To take some of the costs away from their website admin they ask to receive 2% of your donations. That is the lowest percentage out there and I looked. They are linked with Facebook but you do NOT have to have them link you, security being the issue. I have a few friends and family members who did not want to give their money to a website due to the security problems so I added my address so any donations could be mailed to me personally.

MY question to you is.... How can I make this work better for me? I have pictures of before and after, updates and links to Facebook. If I am going to put myself out there and actually do the cyber-begging thing, I want it to work.

If you have any questions or can give me ideas or suggestions, please do.

Thanks so much..
53 @ Dx 5/08 Stage 1, grade 3, IDC 1.6 cm, 0 nodes, TNBC, lumpectomy, chemo TAC-6, radiation-34 12/18/08
NED-10/09, PBM w/TE recon. 7/10, removal of TE/infec 8/10. CT chest. Rec fat-graft & stem cells
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic