Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fasting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jackie123w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie123w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fasting
    Posted: Nov 08 2018 at 9:11am
Planning to fast 48 hrs before and 24 hrs after chemo, as it seems to prevent damage to healthy cells. Not sure if that will be possible in the weekly taxol phase. Has anybody done that?
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2018 at 4:27pm
I've seen this mentioned so I know it's done, but I don't know much about it. It sounds kind of dreadful to me. With the A.C. The steroids would make me hungry. Then 2-3 days later the chemo sick would set in and I could barely force anything down. if I'd not eaten on my best tummy days - the days you'll be fasting... I think I would've gotten terribly weak. And I felt pretty frail in the middle of it as it was. I'm sure you're doing this with doctor supervision, but do listen to your body thru it all. Work with a nutritionist that specializes in chemo patient's. My facility has them, I worked with one both times. Eating iron and protein is essential, it can help you avoid treatment delays for low blood counts. It also helps with the fatigue. This last time I had days when I 'd sleep 12 hours and not feel rested. Upping the protein helped.   Best wishes to you! I hope it works out well and is easier than it sounds! Do let us know how it goes and what tips make it work best.
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2018 at 5:26pm
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic