Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extreme fatigue - Taxol ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Autumn10182001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn10182001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extreme fatigue - Taxol ??
    Posted: Oct 04 2009 at 3:41pm
All, I have had 4 AC's and 10 of my 12 Taxol treatments. this past week, I am more and more fatigued... extreme fatigue... i was fine up until this past week. My Red Blood is holding its own and has been between 10 and 12 the whole time,  my WBC is dropping week to week a little, this is the first time it has been under 4.2 and is 3.1, but that doesn't usually lead to fatigue that I am aware of... 

Has anyone else experienced this toward the end of the chemo ?  Thanks in advance...
DX2/99 Stg I,ER+PR+ Chemo lumpectomy - Neg nodes,rads, tamox,femara. DX4/09, Stg IIB /III, TNBC IDC, Grade III, 2.5CM, mastectomy. 4AC DD,12 wkly taxol,BRAC1&2Neg, Right Mast 11/25/09
Sunris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2009 at 4:08pm
Autumn,

I too felt fatigue during Taxol, and I would say that it did tend to progress the more treatments I had.

I am sorry you are feeling this way
Dawn

Age 43 at DX

DX 3-09 IDC 3.9cm

TN-Stage2-Grade3

Taxolx9, FACx2, halted TX,

Lump.8-25-09..rads x 8wks.

mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2009 at 4:16pm
Autumn, I found that a protein drink would help bounce back some of the energy. I used one that I got at a health food & vitamin store that was pure, no wheat or sugar. It really helped.
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 3:48am
Fatigue is the biggest part of it for me. I could tolerate all the other stuff but I really hated being so washed out most of the time. I found it be accumalative. Radiation takes it out of you too. But good news....it will end, I proomise.
I'm 5 days out after rad and I feel great in the morning but afternoons are tough. I just sit in my recliner in the sunroom and look at the water, watch the birds and squirrels. What Fun!!!!
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
Houston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 1:05pm

The first 5 of the 12 Taxol treatments my white blood cell count continued to drop and I was loosing weight due to not being interested in eating. Once I started eating protein and putting back on the weight my white blood cell bounced back. My counts are better now on the FAC than they were early on with the Taxol treatments.

The fatigue does get worse but can be managed by rest. Once I accepted I could not maintain a full work schedule and was able to rest my fatigue did improve.

Rest and Eat!
DX 5/5/09
Stage 1, Grade 3
lumpectomy 5/18/09
12 Taxol, 4 FAC, 6 weeks rads
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic