Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Experience with 2nd cancer in same breast?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2010 at 7:49pm
Steve, this thread is a bit of a disaster for me all around, isn't it?    I need to button my lip.  Sorry all, for my loose lips.  I hope no ships will be sunk as a consequence, including my own.
d

Edited by dmwolf - Sep 06 2010 at 7:59pm
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2010 at 7:56pm
I have deleted the post closest to slander (I actually thought I was rather delicate), and added caveats to the others. 
cheers,
d :)
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2010 at 8:16pm
Hi Denise,

Please don't be hard on yourself. You have important, unwanted surgery coming up in ten days and I am certain you are on edge. Very, very understandably so. Plus you are probably trying to figure out what to wear when we have lunch on Wednesday. Smile You will be happy to know that I have decided on green chinos and a comfortable shirt and Ecco shoes which are not too good looking but help my ailing back.

The only thing that is clear in all of this is that you are a lovely woman and a tremendous asset to all of us in our TNBC Foundation family..you have a first-rate intellect and generously share your knowledge with us and a compassionate heart. You have helped so many, many here. I am honored to be your friend so please be kind and gentle to yourself. You are our wonderful, quirky Denise. We are very lucky that you are here and we shall be here for you, as well.

see you soon and looking forward to a hug..

love,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2010 at 8:17pm
Oh Denise, I missed the posts.....Did I miss something good?
You never have to be sorry about anything here, but as our guru, Steve let's us know when we cross the line and hopefully don't get hurt in the cross fire!  We all have our thoughts and feelings on how others treat us and freedom of speech sometimes is good but we need to be aware that it could come back to bite us.....Hugs, h.
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
miracleminded View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miracleminded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2010 at 10:34pm
Hello,

I would like to suggewt that you contact the Bio Medical Center in Tijuana Mexico for alternative therapy consideration.  Also, go vegan and increase exercise program.  I was told that cancer is not a "system disease", but a blood disease, therefore, it is very helpful to begin by changing the blood chemistry and cleansing the blood as well.  I am a triple neg, since June 2009, with lumpectomy at Swedish in Seattle.    Doing okay now, it is never cured...  just controlled.  All the very best of success to you!
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2010 at 7:55am
Miracleminded,

Is this type of therapy something you did?  Can you tell us more about your dx?

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

naynay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2010 at 9:05am
Hello all,
I was dx @ 47 1/09 TN in right breast had lumpectomy followed by 16 rounds of A/C + Avastin, followed by Taxol X12 weekly, then 35 radiation treatments.   Finished chemo 8/6/09, then finished radiation 10/27/09.  I found another lump in the armpit of the same breast last July.  Had biopsy to confirm same TN cancer.  Had bi lat mastectomy 8/19/10 w/expanders.  I see my onc tomorrow to see what, if any treatment I will need.   The Taxol left me with nerve damage to my hands and feet... since the recurrence happened so fast it is considered treatment failure....I feel like I dont have alot of choices.  As much as I dont want to do chemo again....I still feel it has some insurances...I DON'T want to do nothing and just wait and see where it pops up again ????   What is the Carbolain ???
Thanks, Renee
DX 1/09 TNBC, Stg 2,Grade 3, 1 nod+,Lump 2/09, 3/09-11/09=AC+Avastin x4,Taxol X12, rad X35, 7/10 local recur 8/10 bilat mast, 10/10 another local recur, 25 rad, 1/11 - 5/11 cmf, 7/11 lung mets
tailormade View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tailormade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2010 at 9:06am
My oncologist told me that breast cancer was curable, although there isn't a cure in the sense that a specific treatment will always yield a cure.  When I went for one of my second opinions last year, the oncologist told me that my chemotherapy was intended to cure me (and I hope it has if necessary).  My grandfather was diagnosed with inoperable throat cancer in the 1950s and given a massive dose of radiation.  The radiation killed his tumor and he went on to live another 35 years cancer free.  He died of congestive heart failure at age 89.  His cancer was cured, not controlled.  I certainly hope that cancer researchers and doctors aren't working from the premise that cancer cannot be cured.  It is a pretty defeatist non-imaginative attitude.
LRM216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 10:21pm
Denise:

Hey, we are all adults on this board and I certainly know only too well that one man's sugar is another man's vinegar. 

Don't apologize.  I think with the situations we are all in, that it's more than fair game to give one's opinion of a situation they found themselves in, or what their particular reaction to any doctor might have been - and that it can prove timesaving and exceptionally important to someone.  If I didn't have a good outcome or a "warm-fuzzy" feeling with someone I was entrusting my life with, especially someone reknowned, I would speak my feelings as well, knowing full well that for someone else, she/he may be wonderful.  We all make our own choices as we well should.

No need to censor yourself - ever.

Linda
Linda - diagnosed at age 62
Diag 2/23/09 IDC 1.2 cent. IDC right breast,Stage 1, Grade 3,0/1 nodes - Triple Neg
4 DD AC every two weeks, 1 Dd Taxol, then 3 Taxotere every three weeks - rads x 33
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 10:38pm
Denise,

No need to apologize.  You were just being honest about your experience.  You're under so much pressure right now, be kind to yourself. 

Hugs,

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 11:55pm
Hi all,

just my two cents (probably worth a lot less)....I think it is important that if someone has something that is negative to say about a physician, by name, it is better to invite folks to send you a PM and then tell them whatever you want privately. This is primarily for the protection of the website because a doc who has been criticized may decide to sue the site.  I have no official connection with TNBC Foundation and no one has asked me to post the above. Again, this is just my opinion.

I had lunch with Denise yesterday and it was wonderful to see her. She seems at piece with her decision to have surgery next week and she looks wonderful and is very happy at her new job. 

I told her that she has been, is and will be in my prayers as I am sure is the case with everyone here. Denise, we all wish you the best, I am sure..

love,

Steve

Edited by steve - Sep 10 2010 at 10:20am
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2010 at 8:14am
Steve,

Your guidance is always welcomed and it is definitely worth more than 2 cents.  Thanks for keeping us on course.  Denise is one lucky woman to have you as a friend.

Donna

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic