Poll Question: Chemical exposures:
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [100.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Environmental Chemical Exposure
    Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 2:33am
I read recently on the Johns Hopkins web site - Lillie Shockley, nurse navigator, and 2 time breast cancer survivor that these are 2-3 possibles among many things that could contribute to later development of breast cancer. I know I had both - born on an army base in the early '50's when chemical testing was being done and living in a town in Oklahoma preceding the birth of my first child where the drinking water from a local lake was treated with a defoliant similar to agent orange. My husband's Master's degree is in Environmental Health and B.S. in Biology so we have been thinking about these things when we sometimes wonder why or how. 

Edited by cheeks - Oct 13 2011 at 8:32pm
Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.
HappyGoLucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyGoLucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2011 at 4:07pm
Living in New Jersey one of the most toxic states in US, I fully believe that we are experiencing the breakdown of human defenses in utero now.
Young kids in South America in the 60's were on the cover of papers for their early breast maturation and asll the junk in the chickens like growth hormone etc. Breakdown in our species dna is definitely happening.
2/2009 7cm tumor, sent nod. pos. Lumpectomy 3/19/09,a/c dose dense+avastin clinical trial, taxol avastin stopped with pneumonia. 33 Rads 01/2010 ~ reccur 2011 supraclav.and internal mammary nodes. rad
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2011 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by HappyGoLucky HappyGoLucky wrote:

Living in New Jersey one of the most toxic states in US, I fully believe that we are experiencing the breakdown of human defenses in utero now.
Young kids in South America in the 60's were on the cover of papers for their early breast maturation and asll the junk in the chickens like growth hormone etc. Breakdown in our species dna is definitely happening.

I agree - her article said these are the 2-3 primary times of exposure that could contribute to the development of breast cancer later in life. I know it's probably not the only cause but it really interests me in addition to the little we know about triple negative. (not that we could probably avoid these things at this point)
Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic