FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Due to start chemo.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Due to start chemo.
    Posted: Dec 03 2010 at 11:57am
Hello to everyone.  How are you doing today?  Smile

I am due to start chemo Monday, December 6, Taxotere and Cytoxan, and dexamethasone the day before.  As I am a one Tylenol at a time girl who cannot handle more than 2 glasses of wine a day, I am becoming anxious about all the drug ingestion, though I am not known to have any real medication allergies.  Also fearful that this chemo may not work as I am having it after tumor removal, having had an inconclusive core-needle biopsy before lumpectomy.  In other words, did not have diagnostic results of TN until after lumpectomy.  I know it will be worth it if it does work, and I know in my heart and mind that I must go through with it.  

I have been greatly put at ease by everyone's sharing of their chemo and other med experiences and am thankful for you all.  I guess I am just having pre-treatment anxiety which I need to express today. 

Staying with you through the storm.  With love, Sue 
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2010 at 2:47pm
You will be fine I to had chemo after surgery and that was 3 years and 2 months ago thank god I FEEL FINE MY TUMOR WAS 2 CM and I did well also I felt fine during chemo. Keep in touch.
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2010 at 2:57pm
Thanks for the support.  Will keep in touch.  Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2010 at 7:46pm
Sue,

I had Taxotere and Cytoxin with minimal side effects, mostly fatigue and some neuropathy.  You should do fine and they have such excellent anti-nausea drugs that I never was nauseous.  Will you be getting Emend?  It's great for helping with the nausea.  Please let us know how you do.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

chyxgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyxgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2010 at 9:17pm
Hi
My mom is getting the same type chemo as you.  Under the category TNBC Talk - thread "What type of Chemo" I wrote about her experiences after the first treatment.  She just did her second treatment yesterday and is feeling ok.  She had the same course of treatment as you - lumpectomy, then dx of TNBC, now chemo and after chemo she will have radiation.
She gets dexamethasone 4mg - takes two tablets twice a day starting one day before chemo, then day of chemo then day after chemo.  She also got an Emend tri-pack (takes one day of chemo and then one capsule for two days after chemo). Also got Aloxi in an IV 1/2 hour before chemo was infused.  Never felt nausea and always had an appetite. 
Good luck on Monday!
My mom- 62y/o @ DX 9/2010; lumpectomy, Stage 1B, Grade 3, 1cm tumor left breast, neg nodes; TC once every 3 weeks x 4 doses then 33 rads; BRCA negative; 9/2011 mammo NED; 3/2012 MRI NED
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2010 at 12:20pm
Hi.  Thank you for the information about your mom's chemo.  I enjoyed hearing about your time together too. It made it seem less intense.  The tuna sounds good, but I will be careful! 

Hope you have a good day. I will be thinking about your mom and keeping you and your mom in my prayers.  With love, Sue
TracyAMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TracyAMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2010 at 6:26pm
Hi Sue - I had the same chemo after my mastectomy.  The first and last treatments were the most difficult for me.  Most cycles I would bounce back from the fatigue well before the next chemo.  You will probably get ice packs for your feet and hands to help reduce neuropathy - ice didn't prevent it in my case but may have reduced  it. As Donna said, there are lots of great drugs for nausea. I found I had different side effects at different times - rash on neck, limb swelling on a leg I had prior surgery on, food tasting off, restlessness at night from the dex.  But all  fairly manageable with my onc's advice and scripts.

Let us know if you have any questions and I hope all goes smoothly on Monday.

Tracy in Toronto
TN&non-TN tumors April/10 Gr3&2;1 metaplastic
Rmast.1/9 nodes w/isolated t.cells
Taxotere&Cytoxan x6
Bone cancer 1980 age17;surgery&chemo AC+Methotrexate
BRCA-ve
On hormone therapy & Metformin Trial
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 6:39am
Suggest you move your posts to another more active thread. We would also like to invite you to Spiritual Support thread if this something you might be interested in.
Love and Prayers,
Carol
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic