FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Doxil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kitkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 8:44pm
Amy, your are heavy on my mind...hoping for wonderful results.

I went to see my dr Monday...he is hoping for me to be on Doxil for a year!! Ugh! Today is day 21 and I still feel tired!! He told me my counts are probly still down. I have #2 next Wednesday as long as my counts are up. He said if I do we'll, he can "push" the number of treatments with the guidance of a cardiologist from MDAnderson. He said in 2014, Mda has several trials coming up for TN. He will only put me in a phase 2 trial,not phase 1.    He said he will put me on gemzar for a maintence chemo after that.   He also said I will have ct scan the end of August ....my birthday is the 29th....hoping for good results!!!!!

I have been pretty tired for the past 2 weeks.....week 1 had to get z-pack since I was ready to claw my arms and chest off!!!   Week 2, had to take Zantac and then nexium since I felt like I was going to choke if I swallowed any food!!! Feel like such a baby!!!! I am normally pretty tough!! Hoping the next one gets easier!!!!!! Plz!!
Dx 6-10 stage 1, grade 3, 1.2 cm tumor w microvascular invasion, CTx4. 25 rads w 7 boost. 1-13 stage 4 w 4-1 cm tumors to lungs. Xeloda 1500x 2 a day, ct scan 3-29, 50% shrinkage! Hopin and praying
amylynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amylynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 12:40am
Hi KitKat,
   I am waiting for the upcoming scan on Tues and at this point trying not to think about it too much, but its hard not to.   My feet are causing me problems and the acid reflux was awful. I had the same difficulty swallowing.   You are not a baby and its also ok not to be tough! I have had to try to learn that myself.   Mentally and physically these treatments are not always easy.   I do hope the next is easier for you and me.

I am glad your doctor seems to have a good plan for the future. I am hoping the Doxil is working and I can stay on for at least another 6 months.   I do not know what the plan is if Doxil is failing me.

Anyway, just keep hanging in there and the tiredness should get better.   I will let you know the results soon: )
36 at dx IDC 2/09, 8cmx3cm grade 3,BRCA1, Cl Trial-4- Taxotere,4-AC,6-Avastin,4 cycl Xeloda
9/09-rght mast.w/tissue exp
PCR
Avastin x10,28 rads,done 7/10
left mast/w bi-lat DIEP & OOPH
Mets 6/2012
Kitkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 7:29pm
Hey girl, I was on Xeloda 5 months, feet are still recovering, and so far Doxil has not made them worse. I found gold bond ultimate healing cream (in a box) worked well with socks at bedtime. Also if you soak your feet for 15 minutes in 1/4 listerine, 1/2 vinegar and a cup of water....the dead skin should rub off easier. And ICE is your best friend!! If you put your feet on an ice pad or just put them bottom of them in ice water...it helps tremendously!!!!! I have nasty feet!    And I work at a salon and I won't get a pedicure for fear they will take off too much dead skin and make them worse.     Wished you lived closer, I am outside of Houston. Hugs :)))
Dx 6-10 stage 1, grade 3, 1.2 cm tumor w microvascular invasion, CTx4. 25 rads w 7 boost. 1-13 stage 4 w 4-1 cm tumors to lungs. Xeloda 1500x 2 a day, ct scan 3-29, 50% shrinkage! Hopin and praying
amylynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amylynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 12:05am
Hi KitKat,
Thanks for the info. I was away for the weekend and walking a lot and now my feet are paying for it. I am going to try your tips. They are swollen, red, and blistered.   The shoes I had on must have been the problem, but right now it hurts to wear shoes.   Anyway, can't sleep.   Getting nervous about scan and trying to research what the next option may be. I will keep you updated though. I am thinking its almost time for your second round.. Good luck with that. Hope it goes better this time. Take care and I will talk to you soon.

Amy
36 at dx IDC 2/09, 8cmx3cm grade 3,BRCA1, Cl Trial-4- Taxotere,4-AC,6-Avastin,4 cycl Xeloda
PCR
Mets 6/2012
amylynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amylynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 11:02pm
Well scan was not good. I am not sure what the next plan will be, but guess I am done with Doxil.   I will meet with dr next week, so we will see what he comes up with.

PCR
Mets 6/2012
Kitkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 11:36pm
Amy, I am so very sorry to hear this. Plz let me know what's the next line of defense for you is. You have been on my mind a lot.   Ask your dr about the trial Beth told us. Also ask f they can test your tumor for chemo sensitivty.   There's a lot more chemos out ere, it just finding what right for you. Wished your dr would have scanned you sooner!!!!! Hugs sweet sister :)
amylynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amylynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 12:05am
KitKat,
   Thanks. It all sucks and this is the part I hate, just waiting for a new plan. I am going to look into clinical trials and also hear what chemo my dr would start next and make a decision. I guess no chemo for me next week though. My feet really need some recovery, so I am ok with that.   Also gives me some time to cry and then be ready to move on to the next plan. Going to try to sleep now.

Good luck with your next round.   Hope it's easier and it's working for you! Goodnight.

Amy
PCR
Mets 6/2012
Losting View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Losting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2017 at 1:44pm
hi everyone. firstly I want to say I'm sorry for bringing this post up as I can see that it is a 2013 post, but I just wrote Doxil in search and this is what i was given so I wanted to ask... what kind of side effects you had from it? is the hair loss thing real? someone had positive results on it?  I only heard about Propecia but it is only for men.

anyway, thanks for the replies so far.

Edited by Losting - May 11 2017 at 10:49am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic