Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Doctor recommendation in TX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kyrie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doctor recommendation in TX
    Posted: Dec 05 2014 at 2:06pm
Hi everyone. It's been a while for me, but I need a little help. I've moved to the Ft. Worth area of Texas. I'll likely be living south of the city but I need to get a recommendation for an Oncologist. I'm especially looking for one with TNBC experience. Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

-Caroline
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2014 at 11:33am
Joyce A. O’Shaughnessy, M.D. specializes in medical oncology with board certification in both internal medicine as well as medical oncology. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine with subspecialty certification in medical oncology. Dr. O’Shaughnessy focuses on breast cancer prevention and treatment. She is Co-Chair of Breast Cancer Research and Chair of Breast Cancer Prevention Research at Baylor-Sammons Cancer Center and for The US Oncology Network and is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board for US Oncology Research Network.

O’Shaughnessy Provides Fresh Insights Into Specificity in TNBC Therapy - See more at: http://www.onclive.com/publications/Oncology-live/2014/August-2014/OShaughnessy-Provides-Fresh-Insights-Into-Specificity-in-TNBC-Therapy#sthash.zfvnstB0.dpuf

Another recommendation, but in the Houston area.

Dr. Matthew Ellis recently relocated to Houston, Texas as 
the new director of the Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center at Baylor College of Medicine.

Edited by 123Donna - Dec 06 2014 at 11:38am
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

positive_attitude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote positive_attitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2014 at 3:32pm
I am seeing Dr. Karel Dicke at Arlington Cancer Center. He is experienced in treating a variety of cancers, including breast cancer: http://arlingtoncancercenter.com/karel-dicke#top. He uses Caris and Foundation reports. He does more than the standard of care type of treatment.
DX IDC TNBC May, 2014, 4.7cm, 5.8cm on Taxol. Taxol 4 weeks, AC 6. double mastectomy OCT 2014. 1.8cm residual in breast and 3mm a lymph node. BRCA-. 11/17 Abraxane,5FU.11/20, rads, 1/19 FUMEPx2
kyrie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2014 at 3:21pm
Many thanks to you both. I would like more recommendations as well, but I appreciate these very much!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic