FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diane Evans-Diane EE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diane Evans-Diane EE
    Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 2:21pm
Dear all,

sorry I have to run out so I cannot write my thoughts...but I will soon.

In the meantime I just received this from her husband, Mike.

Please feel free to post to your group.  I know they all had a very special, ultrasupportive bond.

Also, I am sharing the following email that I sent out to many friends on Sunday, the day after her passing.
=======

Many of you know that Diane Bushouse Evans passed away peacefully in her sleep at home yesterday morning after a long battle with breast cancer. She will forever be the gold standard for grace and courage, never buckling from what turned out to be an insurmountable challenge. We will finalize details on services today, but they will likely be Wednesday visitations and Thursday funeral.

Anyone who knows her knows that her greatest joy was her children. Ironically, she was so looking forward to attending Ryan's soccer gametomorrow against the team he has played with the last two years. In a beautiful gesture, both teams were already planning on dedicating this "pink socks" game to her, and she was so looking forward to seeing old friends and thanking them for their thoughtfulness. Unfortunately, she cannot be there....but if you know her, or know Ryan, I invite every one of you to honor her memory by wearing pink and cheering for the awesome kid #3 in yellow to attend his game with me at Drake Road Soccer Complex, Field 6 at 5:30 tomorrow. Ryan is still planning on giving her a game ball as his eternal #1 fan. 10,000 supporters in pink tomorrow cheering for Ryan on her behalf would not be too many.

God bless every one of you for the love, support, and motivation you all gave her. She loves you all.

========

Best regards,
Mike

Edited by steve - Sep 27 2013 at 6:35pm
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 2:31pm
My thoughts and prayers are with Diane's family, especially her children. May God comfort them and give them peace.

Hugs,
Genie
DX 3/10/08 at age 67, IDC. Stage 1, Grade 3, 1.5 cm.
KI-67 99% at MX . Bilateral mastectomy 4/1/08 Node-, BRCA 1/2-,BARD1+, TX:Cytoxan/Taxotere x4,3 in family with TNBC
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 5:39pm

Heartbreaking. My sincere sympathy to Diane's husband and children. What a support team all round.
May the God of All Consolation be with You.

Diane, rest in Eternal Peace and Joy...Love, Annie
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 7:30pm
Dear Mike,

Thank you for sharing Diane's obituary with us. 

I believe I met her 'virtually' shortly after her original diagnosis. Over the years, she would meet with Dr. Cristofanilli on one of his clinic days and as I had introduced other women with IBC/TNBC to him would try, at her request, to see if they could say hi to each other. 

This introduction served two purposes. It would enable the women, many of whom came from other States, to see a friendly face away from home, compare notes and most importantly be exposed to Diane's vivacious personality and upbeat nature. I believe, with all my heart, that she truly helped others, importantly, in these personal meetings. Several of the women specifically called me to thank me for introducing them to Diane and described their meeting and how meaningful it was to them.  I know, for sure, that she, also, helped many here with her encouraging posts. 

It was a testament to who she was as a person that despite her arduous journey she often found time to help others here. Mike, I wanted you to get a 'feel' for how beloved she was here. She will be sorely missed. 

Special thoughts for Justin and Ryan. I am so very sorry for your loss. I was 16 when my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and she lost her 4 year battle at the age of 46, same as your Mom. She also fought valiantly and still managed to help others during her journey. I know you are devastated by the loss and it will probably remain painful for years to come. I ache for both of you and your Dad. I can tell you that 49 years after my Mother's death in 1964 I still feel her presence in my life and at times, I am still in pain. But her love for me and mine for her continues and shall. I always carry her love and her wisdom in my heart and you can, too. I believe you both will continue to make her proud.

Also, special thoughts to Bill and Liz and please forgive me for writing without knowing you. When my Mother died I went on about a four mile walk with my grandfather. We walked in silence for most of the walk. He was not a very talkative or expressive guy. The he pointed to a park bench for us to sit down and he said "I know how you adored your Mom but I want to tell you that I believe the greatest pain known to man is to lose a child and I pray that you never have that experience." Then we got up and walked a bit and he turned to me and said "You can prepare to lose a parent or a grandparent maybe even a spouse or a sibling but losing a child is not in the natural order of things." And then he collapsed in my arms and for the first time that I can remember he wept. He was about 5'1", very slight, and I am 6'3". It was like hugging a child. I still remember kissing the top of his head and gently patting his back. A rare moment of intimacy. I know your pain and Diane's sister's pain is excruciating and I just want to add special condolences to you as well. My heart is with all of you as you grieve.

From time to time, I think of my grandfather's words and I believe he was correct. I have six children and when my eldest daughter was diagnosed with TNBC at the age of 36, I thought I would lose her. Thankfully, she seems to be o.k. but his words, at times, still echo in my head.

Mike, with my warmest wishes to the three of you and all of her/your loved ones,

Steve

p.s. I had to smile at the thought of Diane hosting her book club a few days before she passed. That's Diane, I thought. Quite a lady. I am glad I got to know her, a bit.
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
debB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 9:30am
I am so very sorry to hear of Diane's passing. My very deepest condolences to her family, and especially to her boys that she loved so dearly. She was so valiant in her fight and her search for answers. May she rest in peace.

Deb
Dx 4/29/11, 46 yrs old, 3.9 cm tumor, Stg 2 Grade 3 chemo 4 rounds DD AC, 12 weekly taxol, finish. Lumpectomy, 2mm residual tumor. 37 rounds rads completed. Cisplatin/PARP trial
denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 11:19pm
Very sorry to learn of Diane' passing my deepest condolences to her family and boys. May she now rest in peace.
Denise 
DX Idc 10/07,st2,gr3,2/6 lymphnodes
turtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 1:14pm
I am so deeply saddened to learn of Diane's passing. She and I had become "cyberbuddies"...both having a BRCA2 mutation and similar personal circumstances...I reached out to her by PM, and she was a great source of honesty, wisdom, emotional strength and intelligence in the early stages of my journey. When she posted that she had been diagnosed with brain mets, I was in awe of her continued articulateness, and hoped that her treatment journey would bring her to NC so I could give her a hug in person...I am so deeply saddened by her passing...my sincerest condolences to her family, in particular her boys who she so dearly loved.

Goodbye Friend, 
Heavenly Hugs,
DX IDC TNBC 1/15/12 @ 46; MRI 2.4cm gr3 BRCA2+ 6174delT; LMX 1/31/12 2.5cm, pT2pNO(i)pMX, lymphovascular invasion present; 2/20/12 TAC X 6; 7/2/12 Rad X 25; 9/27/2012 2nd mastectomy & BSO surgery
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic