Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diagnosed last week

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Angiepie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angiepie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diagnosed last week
    Posted: Jul 31 2017 at 1:52am
Diagnosed with Stage 1, Grade 3 TNBC last week. Lots of appointments this week. Awaiting BRAC test results. and I am scared to death. I'm 49.5 (happy 50th to me!) with a 19 year old and a 17 year old. I'm super active and healthy so this has thrown me for a loop.
Penny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Penny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2017 at 10:53am
I am right there with you.  I was shocked with my dx.  Your active and healthy lifestyle will serve you well through this.  Take it one step at a time.  I just finished treatment for stage 1, grade 2.  It took the 7 months of treatments before I finally turned the corner and am back to "normal".  My advice, one step at a time.  Build your plan and start your treatment.  You are at the very very worst part.  Hang in there!!!

Penny

DX IDC, TNBC 12/7/16 (age 55), Stage 1a Grade 2, .6cm, 0/1 nodes, Lumpectomy & node dissection 12/22/16, BRCA1&2 negative 1/23/17 Chemo TC. Chemo completed 3/28/17. 30 RADs completed 6/6/17.

SusaninVA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SusaninVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2017 at 2:41pm
Hi Angiepie,
Just like Penny said, you are going through the very worst part.  As soon as all the tests are done and you have a plan with your doctors, things should calm down.  I remember feeling unreal stress for an entire month until my surgery was done (and that was step one).  Thank goodness you know that this is stage 1, which should serve as a tremendous comfort to you.  When I was diagnosed in 2015, my son was 17 years old.  He learned how to do his own laundry amongst other things, and I think he really grew up that year.  Being scared to death is how I remember feeling, too.  I remember asking my nurse navigator, "Is TNBC a death sentence?"  She promptly said, "No" and I think, especially finding this at stage 1, you will have a decent prognosis.  (Mine was caught at stage 2 and I still have what I consider a decent prognosis.)  But it sure is scary, and you will probably surprise yourself with strength and resolve.  Please keep us updated.  This is a wonderful forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic