Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diagnosed almost 2 years ago

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Charlene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2012 at 4:49pm
Yea, Nancy!!  Wishing you many more years of NED!
Charlene
DX 3/10 @59 ILC/TNBC
Stage 1, Grade 2, Multifocal; Lumpectomy/re-excision
SNB 0/4 nodes, BRCA-; Taxotere/Cytoxan X4, 30 rads
3/14:NED
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2012 at 5:36pm
Dear Nancy,

I missed this thread the first time around..Sorry about that...Congrats on your 2.5 years.

I would advise you to get the BRCA testing done. As Donna mentioned I believe your insurance company will pay for it.

MD Anderson did a retrospective study a few years ago regarding women with TNBC with no family history who had the BRCA mutation and the number was 20%. It is a blood draw. Sample is sent off to Myriad labs and you have your result back in two weeks. 

In the unlikely event that you are BRCA+ it has important implications for you and your family as a Certified Genetic Counselor can explain to you.

warmly,

Steve

I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2012 at 8:45pm
Nancy,
AWESOME!!!!!!
DX Idc 10/07,st2,gr3,2/6 lymphnodes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic