FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denise LeBrun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jadesloge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadesloge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Denise LeBrun
    Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 11:50pm
Denise never went onto this forum as far as I know. I met her by chance at a baseball game where our sons were on opposite teams. I overheard her talking with a group of ladies and I could guess from the discussion that she had just been diagnosed with TNBC. She was the first and only person I have ever walked up to and introduced myself as a survivor. I gave her my email address and she contacted me a couple of days later. That was almost 3 years ago. She never achieved any sort of remission to speak of, but fought as hard as anyone could. She had one singular purpose and that was to live for her husband and kids. I am glad we became friends. The last time I saw her was just by happenstance. I bumped into her when she was out with friends for the evening. I'm glad I did. She was smiling and enjoying life. 
This is from her Caringbridge page today:

Denise passed away this afternoon while sleeping. She was surrounded by family and at home which is the way she wanted it. Please know that your messages and notes of love and support helped and comforted her in these final days and during her entire fight against cancer.

We will post the dates and times of the services here as soon as we have more information. Please forward this note to friends and co-workers that might not be checking CaringBridge as I donít know that I can contact everyone. Thanks, Dave

SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 12:28am
Dear Jade,

we don't know each other but I was touched by your 'random act of kindness' regarding your friend, Denise.

my condolences to you and her family.

Each life is precious and we have much work to do regarding this disease.

wishing you peace..

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
courtice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote courtice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 7:02pm
I agree with Steve, every life is precious, and I am so sorry that you have lost a friend to this terrible scourge.

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 7:14pm
Dear Jade,
No matter how we meet, or whether they posted here, TNBC makes us automatic sisters.  We share a bond that others do not understand.   I am happy that you met and extended friendship to Denise.  I am so sorry to hear she has died.  This disease is relentless.
My condolances to Denise's family.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
jadesloge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadesloge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 10:30am
This is the obituary that ran today:

LeBrun, Denise Nejedly 44 Nov. 18, 1968 March 24, 2013 On March 24, 2013, the constellations became a little brighter as Denise Nejedly LeBrun left our world surrounded by family and friends. For the very many of us fortunate enough to be graced by her presence, Denise left more than an imprint on our lives-the strength of her character seared into our souls. Mostly a New Yorker and a veritable southern belle, the word used most to describe Denise is "gracious." Denise was kind, generous, loyal, hardworking and enormously smart. While unflinching in her values, Denise was slow to judge others. Her gregarious laugh punctuated her wit and sharp sense of humor. Unsurprisingly, photos of Denise always captured her genuine and broad smile. A love for only "good" music, fiercely competitive in any contest (athletic or other), an exceptional cook and a vocal advocate for cancer prevention and treatment, Denise seized upon the joys and challenges of her life. In her physical battle with the disease, Denise was nothing less than a warrior. Denise grew up in Woodstock, Ga. and is survived by her parents, Maureen and Anthony "Tony" Nejedly; and her five younger loving brothers, Craig, Eric, Kevin, Brian and Mark of whom she repeatedly bragged about to her friends. After graduating from Kennesaw State University, she married her soul mate and best friend, David "Dave" LeBrun on Oct. 8, 1994. Denise and Dave moved to Portland in 1995 then later settled in Beaverton after Denise landed her dream job with Nike, Inc. Denise worked at Nike until just prior to her death. Accomplished in all areas of her life, Denise was most proud of being the mother of her two children, Lauren LeBrun and Jake LeBrun. Nothing gave her more joy than spending time with Lauren and Jake and she relished their growth, achievements and ambitions. That many of Denise's endearing characteristics rubbed off on them is no surprise. Denise's funeral mass is scheduled for 10 a.m. on April 2, 2013 at St. Cecilia Church, followed by a reception in the Parish Center. In lieu of flowers, Denise has asked that donations be kindly made to either the Children's Cancer Association or St. Cecilia School's Fund for the Student Tuition Assistance Resource Program. St. Cecilia's located at 12250 S.W.5th Street, Beaverton, OR 97005. Arrangements by Springer And Son. 
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 11:56am
Jade,

I'm so sorry to read about Denise LeBrun's passing.  My heart is heavy for her family and friends.  I'm glad you got to meet her and offer her some support and friendship during her battle with TNBC.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic