FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

???cured

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ???cured
    Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 1:52pm
Hi, I've just read this article and wanted to share.
as we all know those first years are the scariest in regards to recurrence, but this is pretty exciting to read the word "cure", along side triple negative.!!!! I tried to highlight it but I couldn't work out how to!!

The full article is at www.sunnybrook.ca/news?id=475

"The study shows women with triple-negative breast cancer were almost twice as likely to develop distant relapse even after accounting for other factors related to relapse such as tumour size and involvement of lymph nodes. The pattern of relapse had a distinctly rapidly rising rate in the first 2 years following diagnosis, a peak at 2 to 3 years followed by a decline over the next 5. Unlike other breast cancers where the risk of relapse and death remains throughout the entire study period, most triple-negative breast cancer patients who had no evidence of progression after 8 years, did not recur thereafter. Despite having a high risk of early recurrence, triple-negative breast cancer patients who remain disease-free for 8 years are unlikely to die of breast cancer and may be "cured" of their disease."

Here's to all being cured at 8 years

Cheers
Jane
Jane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 2:00pm
Woops...I've just been looking through old posts and see that the article has already been shared!

Jane
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2007 at 4:10am
Well darn Jane, I thought I posted to you but it evidently didn't go thru!

I wanted to thank you for this post as I evidently missed the first one and maybe some of the others missed it too.

I'm off to read the article, what good news this could be.Thumbs%20Up
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2007 at 8:01am
Thanks Jane Hug

I'm puttin' myself on the 8 yr Plan !!!

Jessie
IDC,Stage I,Grade 3,dx 4/06
dbl mast 5/06,
systemic MRSA post surgery
septic shock, heart attack
triple bypass 1/07
no chemo due to infections and heart issues
so far NED!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic