Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clodronate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cg--- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cg--- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clodronate
    Posted: Mar 26 2008 at 6:09pm
I "broke up" with my first oncologist and had the privilege of meeting with Dr. Rebecca Dent and her team on March 19.  What a different experience to be seen at that center!

She has put me on clodronate to hopefully prevent bone mets. (See articles from NCI - Dr. Mark Clemons and other researchers have been doing studies). The research is hopeful that it may be helpful to early stage breast cancer.

Her team talked about exercise...diet...etc., BRCA, second mastectomy, reconstruction, chemo treatments, all the things we discuss here on this site. What a pleasure to talk to a team of doctors that really care about the whole patient/person.

Dr. Rebecca Dent is a woman who could be a model. She is a tall, beautiful, classy lady, who is witty, caring, and (intelligent is a given).

I will keep you posted. I have to go back in mid April.

Connie

trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2008 at 4:16am
Connie what an experience, you lucky gal!
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic