FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chemo every 4 weeks??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
samanthamala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samanthamala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chemo every 4 weeks??
    Posted: Oct 07 2015 at 1:07pm
Just went in on Monday for my second chemotherapy. I'm newly diagnosed, and started with carboplatin and taxotere in the hope that I could get my eggs harvested and frozen before round 2 three weeks later. The ovarian stimulation didn't work with the chemo on board, and honestly I'm not that torn up about it. Now I've been switched to doxorubicin and carboplatin, however my nurse dropped the news on me that my onc wants to switch to every 4 weeks as the doxo hangs out longer. I don't know how I feel about this. Chemo sucks, but I've been handling it pretty well so far, having the energy for light exercise, returning to work, and maintaining a good appetite. I felt ready for round 2 after 2 weeks. Obviously I don't fully know how the doxo affects me yet, but 4 weeks?? Is this typical? Waiting around while feeling well after #1 gave me a lot of anxiety, plus this is going to drag out my total chemo duration. 

Any words of advice? I see my onc early next week and plan to discuss it more in depth then. 
Age 26, TNBC Stage 3a, Grade III, 8cm, neoadjuvant chemo 2/6. BRCA1 +
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2015 at 6:58pm
Hello!  I found this information and it looks like it can be given every 3 or 4 weeks.

Usual Adult Dose for Breast Cancer

When used in combination with other chemotherapy drugs, the most commonly used dosage of doxorubicin is 40 to 60 mg/m2 IV every 21 to 28 days. Alternatively, 60 to 75 mg/m2 IV once every 21 days. 

http://www.drugs.com/dosage/doxorubicin.html#Usual_Adult_Dose_for_Breast_Cancer

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic