Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cat scan results given months to live

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
teamconnor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teamconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cat scan results given months to live
    Posted: Jun 25 2012 at 9:01pm
I was diagnosed feb of 2011 with tnbc and of course we all know how horrible this disease can be...although ive already been through a lot the cat scan results show the xeloda and ixempra hasnt worked my liver is now shutting down and all lymph nodes are involved.  Dr tells me 2`4 months but i will be getting gemsar on friday to see if it will help otherwise i will have to call hospice in.  until then i will continue to fight like a girl regardless...please pray for me and my family as we go through this journey until the good Lord wants me home.  Thank you for all the love and support ive received on this website.  God bless to all!
age 39, BRCA 1,dmast 6taxol/carbo, mest to lung, liver, FEC 8 rounds, xeloda 3000mg&ixempra 6 brain tumors within 2 mths radioactive surg complete,6 brain tum radation radioact surg on new
denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2012 at 9:32pm
I can not describe in words how bad I feel at this moment, this is devastating, but you and your family will always be in my prayers.
God Bless,
Denise 
DX Idc 10/07,st2,gr3,2/6 lymphnodes
BevC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BevC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2012 at 9:58pm
You and your family are in my prayers.  God Bless.
Bev C.
Dx 12/2011, age 48, stage 2a, 2.5 cm, grade 3, 2 nodes +, BRAC1+ A/C x4, taxotere x2 (bad reaction) abraxane x2, bmx 4/30/12, 33 rads 6/13-7/30. Hysterectomy/Recon. 10/2012.
CindyKS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CindyKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2012 at 10:21pm
You and your family are also in my prayers.  

Cindy
Age 42; Dx 4/10; IDC; 2.1cm; lumpectomy; ACx4-taxolx4 every 2 wks; Radx37, BRCA 1/2 neg
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2012 at 10:32pm
Teamconnor,

I am so sorry to read your post. I don't know why this disease has to be so darned MEAN. Cry

I am at a complete loss for words, I feel as though words just would not help in this case.
Why the hell had all the reasearchers not discovering TNBC for years and coming up with custom treatments for the subtypes Pinch. So frustrating and so effin scarey. 
Please, please, please know that you have many prayers from many, many people here on this forum. I hope your pain can be kept at bay.

Sincerest heavy hearted apologies that you have to go through this...
Natalie

TNBC stage1 size 1.8, grade3 no nodes 4/11 Lumpectomy 5/11 4cycles DD A/C 4cycles DD Taxol. Double Mastectomy 12/11 BRCA all neg
kim13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2012 at 10:40pm
prayers going out to you and your family.  i am so sorry you are going through this.  tnbc sux!
3.7.12 Dx @ 37, IDC, Stage 2 grade3, ER-, PR-, Her2 -, 2.6cm x 2.4cm x2.4cm , 12 Taxols & 4 FACs, BRCA1 +, Bilateral Mastectomy 9.27.12, Complete Hysterectomy 10.22.12
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2012 at 7:52am
Teamconnor,< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

I have no words, only my love to share with you during this horrible time.  I don't understand why sometimes this cancer is so cruel and it seems like no chemo will stop this beast.  I'll pray that they find something to help.  I'll pray that they will find a cure for this disease.  Wrapping my arms around you this morning and sending a big cyber hug.  We love you.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2012 at 10:53am
I've had second hand experience with a similar prognosis with my sister. And I told her, 'it ain't over til it's over'

Is there a way that you can have your records sent to MD Anderson for a consult; perhaps they will do that in lieu of having you make the trip and see if there can be more specific analysis of the type of TN you have? In hearing about Gemzar, my first thought was that my sis was on it and it is part of the Standard of Care lineup (at least that's my understanding) and perhaps now is the time to take an indepth look at what you have an be sure the chemo is taylored to your tumor's character.

My sis is still going. It's been 3-1/2 years since her recurrence and 18 months since her first onc told her she was going fast.

Maybe Steve will chime in here as to any options he may know of.
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
rigatonismom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rigatonismom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2012 at 11:32am
I read your first post earlier and have been trying to compose a response in my mind and have come up with nothing better than simply saying my prayers are with you.
Nita
DX 09/10 TNBC Stage3c, grade3, Tumor 2.7cm, chemo started 9/29/10, AC x4, Taxol x12, lumpectomy 4/11/11-tumor .6cm, 3+/22 nodes, radiation x 30 finished 6/30/11.Clinical Trial Cisplatin,PARP 8/23/11
TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2012 at 1:06pm
I will certainly be praying for a MIRACLE for you. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that the Gemzar works that miracle. God Bless,
Lisa
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2012 at 6:19pm
I like what Mainy had to say.  Many a woman has had someone stamp an expiration date on her ankle only to breeze past it by years.  I'm so sad you are going through this, but still have hope that it can turn around soon.    We are here for you come hell or high water or hopefully blue skies and better days.
Love,
Denise

DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2012 at 9:16pm
Dear teamconner,

I, too, hope the Gemzar helps you.

Unfortunately, I am afraid I don't have any brilliant thoughts, treatment-wise but I do encourage you to 'try to find the beauty in each day.'

You have been, as all here are, in my prayers and shall be.

I also echo Denise's words. We are all here for you.

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2012 at 10:02pm
Teamconnor,

My hope is that the gemzar works.  No one knows our expiration date.  I wanted to share with you about my friend who was Stage 0 TNBC diagnosed about a year before me in 2008.  Two years ago she was diagnosed with Stage 4 peritonneal cancer.  It's an extremely rare cancer and not very good prognosis or treatment options.  She's coming upon the 2 year mark from her surgery and on her 3rd chemo regimen.  She hasn't lost her hair and said the side effects have been minimal.  Her latest scan said the tumors were stable.  She told me this past week she's getting bored with not working and going to do some part time consulting work.  She now hopes she has years instead of months.  

Steve helps us all remember to Try and Find the Beauty in Each Day.  

Hugs,
Donna

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

BamaRachel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BamaRachel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2012 at 10:30pm
TeamConnor, I will be praying for you and your family.  This disease really sucks!!  I wish I understood why some do well and others are dealt a bad hand. 
DX 7/5/11, TN Invas; Lump w/clear marg., 7/21/11; Stage 2A. Grade 3, 2.6 c; 0/6 nodes; TX 8/22/11 4DD E/C; 4Taxotere; Chemo ended 1/3/12; 33 Radiation Treatments, ended 3/15/12.
denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2012 at 12:31am
Praying for you and thinking of you all the time, I pray that gemzar is the magic bullet for you and does a great job at knocking out all of those cancer cells. Praying for this to happen for you.
Hugs,
Denise 
DX Idc 10/07,st2,gr3,2/6 lymphnodes
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2012 at 2:13am
teamconnor,

Oh, how I wish I could give you a real big hug.........but cyberhugs will have to do......
along with lots of caring and supportive thoughts.

Will continue prayers and good thoughts that you and your physicians figure out the best plan for
you now. Thinking that you and your MD will be looking at all options.........maybe like Mainy said
having your MD consider a consult with a TNBC MD at MD Anderson .....or maybe your MD consults with
the TNBC expert Dr. George Sledge, Jr. at IU Simon Cancer Center in Indianaplis, Indiana
(think that's just a few hours away from Fayettsville).....or which ever TNBC expert your MD consults
with in order to explore all options. Or maybe your physician has already consulted with others.
Wondering if your MD either had or will be considering having your most recent tumor specimen
retested for the ER/PR/HER2 receptor status and other markers......just in case there has been any
change that would then bring other meds into the considerations. Also along the lines that Mainy mentioned of looking at which drug(s) might be taylored to your tumor's character.

All good wishes and many prayers for you and the treatment plan that you and your physician
will pursue.

With very caring thoughts,
Grateful for today................Judy

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2012 at 7:44am
Judy,

You brought up a good point about how breast tumors change as they progress/relapse.  I just read this article last night:

Breast Cancers Can Change Biologically as They Progress and Relapse

In many women with recurrent breast cancer, the estrogen receptor (ER), progesterone receptor (PR), andhuman epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) status of their tumors changes between treatment for the primary tumor and relapse, a large retrospective study has found. The findings, published June 18 in the Journal of Clinical Oncology, support previous studies that have also detected changes in these biomarkers during cancer progression.

These three biomarkers help doctors choose the best treatments for individual women. Therefore, tumors that recur in the breast or appear elsewhere in the body should be biopsied “as a routine procedure” because the results may influence treatment decisions, recommended the authors led by Dr. Linda Lindström of Cancer Center Karolinska in Sweden.

Dr. Lindström and her colleagues used information from pathology reports for 1,010 women treated at three hospitals in Stockholm, all of whom had biopsies taken from their primary and recurrent breast tumors. All three hospitals had stringent quality-control methods for verifying the accuracy of all three biomarkers.

Primary and recurrent tumors from 459 women were tested for ER expression. In almost 33 percent of those women, the ER status of the tumor changed (ER expression started or stopped) between treatment and relapse. More than 40 percent of the 430 women whose tumors were tested for PR expression had a change in PR status between treatment and relapse. And almost 15 percent of the 104 women whose primary and recurrent tumors were tested for HER2 expression had a change in HER2 status between treatment and relapse.

In women whose cancers relapsed multiple times, similar proportions of changes to biomarkers were observed.

http://www.cancer.gov/ncicancerbulletin/062612/page3

odessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2012 at 11:06am
I was initially diagnosed with MBC ,ES + in sept.,2010.then recurrence in 2011,biopsy revealed cancer changed to TNBC,chemo not working(gemzar), biopsy not possible to get, met tumor in liver bad location.my onc things ca changed again to ER+.Please,do not give up hope, ask for another opinion. Sending you hugs and support.

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2012 at 11:12am
You might also see if you can get your tumor sent off for chemo sensitivity analysis.  My friend who has peritonneal cancer did that and they are using the chemos that seem to be the most responsive to her tumors.

Donna

mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2012 at 8:01pm
Donna, can you start a new thread for the article you found, it's really an important one!
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic