FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cancer Survivors are living in "limbo" article

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cancer Survivors are living in "limbo" article
    Posted: Jun 01 2008 at 3:10am
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/108893.php

"The problems cancer survivors face can include pain, sexual difficulties, troublesome lymphoedema (chronic swelling caused by the failure of lymph glands to drain properly, often triggered by surgery and radiotherapy), and psychosocial problems including depression and anxiety. "

Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
CarynRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarynRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2008 at 4:04am
This is news?  LOL
Orig dx 6/03 - St.2a, IDC
gr.3,0 nodes, TNBC/BRCA1+
7/07 St 4 mets to nodes/lungs. PACA/Rads NED 11/07-10/08
Lepto mets 10/08
Rads for 4 brain tumors 4/10.
Leptomets return 6/10
Cheryl51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheryl51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2008 at 10:14am
This is a really valuable article as it is still unusual for the psychoemotional aspects of cancer(and other life threatening illnesses) to be spoken of, much less dealt with in any effective manner.  I have printed it out as I am currently working on an article regarding the need for attention to the psyche of someone who carries the concern long after the "cure". 

Thanks, PamClap
Cheryl51
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2008 at 5:40am
Cheryl I am so glad you have taken on this project.  Once they pitch you out the door a patient still has alot to deal with and I know I for one could use somewhere to talk and vent, tell the truth.  Right now my poor cat Lucy is taking the brunt.LOL 

Their loved ones aren't going to understand, they don't want to hear it anymore, do we have to keep everything inside unless we join a forum of women who understand.  Where else can you talk about it?

Thumbs%20Up-

Edited by trip2 - Jun 02 2008 at 5:42am
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic