FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brca1 trip neg pathology

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dee1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dee1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brca1 trip neg pathology
    Posted: Mar 18 2019 at 4:23am
hi there I was wondering if someone can help me with similar pathology I was diagnosed back in november at 31yrs old 15mm idc weakly er+15% ki67 90%. I had a mastectomy first and now current finished ac and about to start taco carboplatin. I’m finding it really hard lately to find ppl like myself operated first then chemotherapy:-( anyways I notice in my pathology it mentions necrosis? Everyone I have spoke to par one have no mention of necrosis. Anyone out there with same pathology ?

Meadow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2019 at 10:09am
Hello Dee1987. I had TNBC with a 1cm idc and a 1.5 cm dcis. Like you, I had mastectomy first, then chemo. I did AC first, then taxol (they did not give carbo back then). It's been a long time for me, but I have a vague recollection of necrosis being mentioned in my path report. I think it just means that the tumor itself show cell death characteristic of malignancy. But really, if you need to know the answer, you should discuss this with someone on your care team.
Dee1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dee1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2019 at 2:32pm
Hey thanks for your reply I had no dcis. Just an idc with necrosis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic