Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boniva - Strengthening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Asovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boniva - Strengthening
    Posted: Aug 15 2018 at 1:39pm
Yesterday my MO prescribed Boniva to help strengthen my bones as I have osteopenia. It was also suggested by Dr Traina that I take some kind “bone remodeling” agent. I was prescribed the oral Boniva that is taken once a month. Of course, when I get home I started researching Boniva. OMG. It sounds like the drug from hell! Side effects sound worse than chemo. I truly had to SEARCH for a review where a person did not have serious issues with it. Have any of you taken Boniva and if so, what were the side effects? It can also be taken as a drip and I am wondering if that might be better? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2018 at 12:20pm
Asovey,

Ask about Prolia.  It's the same drug as Xgeva for cancer patients, but called Prolia for non cancer treatment like osteopenia.  I have osteopenia too and was given Zometa (Reclast) infusion a few years ago.  I had a terrible reaction to it, similar to the Neutrogena shot.  The dr said if I need another infusion she sould give me Prolia instead.  There are studies that show Prolia may be better than Reclast.

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Asovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2018 at 7:11am
Thank you! I will look into this!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic