Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone refuse chemo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
TNBC NC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2018 at 4:02pm
Thank you very much for the info and the reply
susanb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2018 at 11:01am
The women that I know that refused chemo are dead or dying. Sorry to be a Debbie downer but that's the truth. Chemo sucks but it beats the alternative.
Dx June 06 stage 1 at age 46, no nodes, clean margins, Ki-67 at 54, Bilateral Mastectomy, 4 rounds AC, complete hysterectomy Aug O7. Mother and Grandmother both died of breast cancer dx in their 30's.
clifford1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clifford1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2018 at 9:20pm
ElsaHope...Very eloquently written.  I personally know significantly more women who received chemo and rads who have died from tnbc than who have lived.  This may be because AA women may get the more aggressive subtype and the response to chemo is mixed.  I am so happy that most women in this Forum have had great success and have gotten past the 5 years milestone.  TNBC is complicated and complex and maybe there is not a one size fits all.  To suggests that a person is not fighting as much to live because she refuses chemo is interesting. The only thing that is certain when it comes to tnbc is....nothing is certain.  Maybe there is no wrong or right choice....not taking chemo for a 10 or 15% gain it just is a different approach that may or may not render the same outcome in the end.

Edited by clifford1 - Feb 21 2018 at 9:23pm
Susie H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susie H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2018 at 1:35pm
Hi Elsa
I just got the same diagnosis you did. Had small tumor, lumpectomy surgery. 3 lymph nodes tested. All clean. Margins clean. They are recommending general chemo and radiation for 5 months. I'm devastated. Thinking of refusing chemo. What did you end up deciding to do?
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2018 at 1:53pm
Susie H,

These are the NCCN Guidelines for considering chemotherapy.  We only get one shot of trying to stop this beast the first time.  If it returns, our choices are so much more limited.

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic