Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone on Eribulin?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Debbi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone on Eribulin?
    Posted: Aug 13 2016 at 12:23pm
Hi All  I've been away for a long time and have recently been diagnosed with mets to bone and maybe other places.  My onc is suggesting eribulin.  My husband and I will see Dr. Lisa Carey in a couple of weeks for a consult. 
Are any of you on eribulin?  If so, what is that like for you?
I'm also interested in hearing from anyone who is Stage 4 to tell me what life is like for you with your treatment?  My first diagnosis was stage 3b in 2009 and treatment dramatically decreased the quality of my life. I understand chemo treatment with Stage 4 is different than first time around.What is your experience?
I hope all of you are able to make the most of this day.  God bless you!

DX TNBC 9/09; Stage III,Gr 3.
4 rds Taxotere/Avastin.
2 rds A/C/Avastin.
Bi mx 4/10, 4/7 pos nodes.
33 rads.3 more Avastin.
5/11- 4 excisional biopsies,NEG! MX revis
6/16 Mets to bones and pleura
PJZimmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJZimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2016 at 1:41pm
My mother has metastatic metaplastic TNBC.  She just started Eribulin yesterday and the two oncologists she is seeing seem to think it will slow things down.  Xeloda and Gem/Carbo combination had little to no effect.  The biggest side effect is the neuropathy.  As she continues the treatment, I will let you know how its going.  
An9817 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote An9817 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2017 at 5:45pm
Debbi,
I just started eribulin in december and I was told I have to wait three months for the first cat scan. I have metastatic breast cancer to the internal mammary lymph nodes and lymph nodes in lungs. Im tolerating eribulin ok, but have a lot of unexplained pain in my back or lungs, not sure what it really is, despite pain meds. I already failed one clinical trial, the metric study, using glembatumumab. Are you still on eribulin Have you checked if you express pdl-1, to see if you are a candidate to add keytruda, part of an Immunotherapy trial. My tumor doesn't not express any pdl-1 so I'm told the toxicity is not worth the risk. I'm seriously considering adding cannabis oil, to see if it helps shrink tumors, but my Oncologist wants,me to wait to see if eribulin works after first cat scan. Have you considered cannabis? ? Anyone else with metastatic have success with cannabis and,chemo? ???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic