FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annual Limits Screw Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Annual Limits Screw Up
    Posted: Dec 11 2009 at 1:37pm

Whether this is a mistake or not, it still is horrendous.

So, email your CongressPerson/Senate. Sounds like the pushback on the Mammo Panel will look like chump change when this one hits the mainstream.

dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2009 at 7:15pm
How sad.  I sure was hoping they would eliminate the lifetime limits in these policies.  There are too many people facing long term serious illnesses.  I hope this is a mistake and not the insurance lobbyists getting their way.
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Terje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2009 at 7:44pm
I'd push for a law that requires them to be on the hook for treating you for conditions that you acquired while insured.

I mean, if you have insurance, and you get sick while you have insurance, then you're so sick you can't work and earn money and continue to pay for insurance, you still got sick while insured and therefor they should be on the hook for covering you.

If you have insurance and you get sick, then you switch insurance, your original insurance should still have to cover the preexisting condition while the new insurance should only have to cover new conditions.

And if this makes insurance more expensive because it costs more, I'm OK with it because I have money when I have a job so I can afford to pay what it costs. But when I'm sick and don't have a job because I can't work, I want treatment until I'm cured.

These are the things I believe we should be writing our congress person/senate about. These are the things we as citizens of the US should be pushing for in health care reform.

Free mediocre government health care for everyone paid for by taxes, and then if you buy extra insurance so that you can get better treatment than what the government's plan provides, laws that force the insurance companies to do the right thing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 10:11am
This news hit the mainstream last night so and many of the cancer org's are weighing in so there's a good chance this will be taken care of. If you look at the link above, the bizarre thing about this is that they are disallowing a lifetime cap but sneaking in making an annual cap. Give these guys an inch and they'll take it all. Everytime I see one of their ads on tv about 'call your Senator tell them we can't afford this Bill' I can practically hear them snickering in the background for all the people who fall for that.

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
unklez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 10:43am
This just gets more and more bizarre every day. I used to be an Obama fan for the fresh perspective and promises of new things but the number of promises he has broken, and on key things, makes me wonder if he is already washingtonized or was to begin with and we just didn't see it.

Wife Dx: Jul/09. Age: 37. Size: 3cm. BRCA: -ve. Lumpectomy: Aug/09. Micromet 1/9 node. Chemo Start: Sep/09. E5103. DD ACB-> DD Abraxane (Taxol reaction). Zometa (S0307). Canadian Fraction Rads.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 10:59am
unklez, I think what is causing the frustration as well as anger is not that Obama has broken promises, it's that we have a systemic problem with Congress these days where the minority is working to promote Obama's failure not work as an opposition party thus you see many of the party line votes on many issues. I see more and more frustration from fellow supporters of Obama, and much misinformation out there which is feeding the sick to your stomach malaise view of current issues. One of the well informed bloggers I found captured this   http://www.ianwelsh.net/
 this morning. He's pretty hard on everyone but I like how candid he is and he has a point that this is a systemic problem of our system.

Please hold onto your hope for better things to come, Democracy is the only thing I can think of that is harder than herding cats.  Best, Mainy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic